UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 26, 2014

My Travel Make-Up Bag



I know that usually when someone writes a post about their travel make-up bag it is primarily focused on their make-up. Well, today my main focus is actually on my new make-up bag. I picked it up from Primark for £4 - what I deem to be a very acceptable price for something so functional! It features three clear compartments, the middle of which is secured with velcro which allows it to be removed. I find this especially good for travelling as it doubles up as a make-up bag that I can keep in my hand bag once I get to my final destination. 





The clear compartments make it really easy to ensure that you take everything you need with you as well as speeding up the process of getting ready as you can find products instantly. I roughly divided the products I use up into "Lips and Tools", "Face" and "Eyes" and then divvied up my products accordingly between each compartment. After applying my make-up, I would then make sure that everything I would need for touch ups throughout the day ended up in the middle pouch so I could just pop it into my handbag.




I also think that this sort of make-up bag is a great alternative to the conventional make-up bags I've come across before for day-day storage of my beauty products. I know a lot of people store all their make-up in make-up bags and that finding products in them can be really time consuming! The rummaging needed to find anything always used to annoy me. Alternatively, as someone who has too much make-up to keep in just one make-up bag, I like to keep my day to day essentials in this bag. I find that it makes getting ready in the morning a lot quicker and it makes last minute packing easier because I can just grab it and go. I then just change things up week by week to make sure I'm making the most of all the make-up I own.

All in all, I really love this make-up bag and I thought there might be quite a few of you who would too! For £4 I think it's a real bargain and Primark had quite a few different designs if you aren't too keen on the white and gold option that I picked up.



What travel make-up bag do you use? How do you store your make-up?




Share:

17 comments

  1. This is mega cute, I really need to get a new make up bag. Nice collection you've got there too ;)
    aaamylouxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Perfect size for fitting everything in as well! I'm so jealous of your make-up collection!

    Paper Dreams and Plastic Bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love primark for make up bags! I don't really travel, I may be going away for the weekend this autumn, I have a betty boop make up bag, but im tempted to get a new one, because I need a new one of course ;)

    Catherine x

    http://beautyintheeyeofthebe-holder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought three different make-up bags from Primark in the last couple of weeks - one to store some skincare, another for my hand bag and then this travel bag. I really rate them so far and I particularly love how versatile this one is xx

      Delete
  4. You are very organized - I'm not like that :). I just have a big beauty travel bag which I throw everything in :D. Gotta buy something with many pockets - just like your cute bag :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, I love that you can section parts off depending on what you're taking!

    Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really handy isn't it! I think it is a fabulous find and so affordable xx

      Delete
  7. Oooh i hope this is still available in my Primark as i've been looking for one like this!

    Quick Question: Do you like the Revlon illuminator?

    rosielouiselove xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use it as a primer (I apply it across all my face except for my nose and the centre of my forehead) but it isn't the best highlighter to use on top of make-up - I definitely think the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter is easier to use or the Benefit Highlighters. I would recommend it if you want a illuminating primer that also helps with redness xx

      Delete
  8. I love this! And what a bargain, Primark sell some really great things. So useful to have little removable compartments.

    http://www.beautybyalicee.co.uk/2014/01/beauty-haul_26.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab make up bag! I think I need one of these for my big move in June!

    Shelley x
    http://www.shelley-hearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, i really like that- and a total bargain. Will be looking out for it next time i go to Primark :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous little bag for your makeup! Such a cute travel idea! :) Great post!

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow thats such a good make up bag to have, its so much easier to use x

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice glitzy bag with good compartments

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think its worth mentioning as well, the fact that the bags are clear and could be taken onto the plane itself!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig