UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 28, 2014

Ko:Kou Mini New York Hair Straighteners


Recently Ko:Kou got in contact with me and offered to send me a set of their hair straighteners to review. As I'm often travelling between home and University (London and Leeds) - and even more often staying over at friends houses - I thought I would be a good person to put Ko:Kou's Mini New York Straighteners* to the test. These mini travel-friendly hair straighteners have an RRP of £9.99 and I thought that if I really liked them then they would be a great budget find that I could share with you!



Ko:Kou's Mini New York Hair Straighteners* really are mini but they do come with a long enough cord for them to still be practical to use. They take up hardly any room and they fit in pretty much any bag (including all of my daytime handbags) which makes them incredibly travel friendly. Usually I have to debate whether hair straighteners are a travel "necessity" but now I can always justify taking them on trips. I also think that if you're a regular gym-goer then these are incredibly handy to pop in your bag for after your work out - especially for anyone with fringes! I remember when I had full on bangs that I would need to straighten them all the time (my wavy hair is not fringe-friendly) and these sort of tiny straighteners would have been so useful.


My usual hair straighteners of choice are GHDs or my Session Instant Heat Straighteners (which I actually won in a blog giveaway last year) and I have become used to using very high quality straighteners. At £9.99, Ko:Kou's Mini New York Straighteners* obviously can't quite match the quality of £100+ hair tools but for their price they work remarkably well. The plates heat up quickly and they get hot (210 degrees) enough to straighten your hair in one swipe. The plates are quite small so you do have to straighten hair a little at a time but they don't snag or tug my hair and the process of straightening isn't too annoying as I have fine hair (although I do have quite a lot of it). I don't know how these would work on thick hair types but on my mid-length/long, fine hair they were easy to use and my hair stayed straight for as long as it normally would when I use my larger hair straighteners. 




All in all I think that having a travel friendly set of straighteners is really handy whether it be for weekend trips, gym sessions or overnight visits with family and friends. I regret not having a pair of these in my life sooner because for just under £10 I think I will get a lot of use out of them! Ko:Kou's Mini New York Straighteners* are pretty robust (they've survived being dropped and knocked about in various bags) and I would recommend them. I'm really pleased to have found a more affordable brand of hair tools than I currently use and I'd certainly trust the brand based on the quality of these mini straighteners. Ko:Kou also make regular sized hair straighteners that start at £25 (link here) as well as hair dryers. Next time you're looking for some new hair tools definitely give the Ko:Kou website a once over.


Do you own "mini" travel straighteners?

Share:

4 comments

  1. This looks so handy and so cheap! I always have to carry my straighteners when I stay at peoples houses, not so much for the gym haha

    MyLushBox | YouTube | Bloglovin


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh some mini straightness would be so handy for when I am travelling too x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this brand but this sounds utterly lovely I need smaller straighteners for travelling! x

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanna try them and style my hair.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig