UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 04, 2014

My First Impressions: Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask



A long while ago I received a single sachet sample of Amie's Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask* in a goodie bag and I finally, finally got around to giving it a try. It was actually the first Amie product that I've tried so I was quite excited about it, and I'll explain why. Amie doesn't test its products on animals, they're suitable for vegans and vegetarians, they're made in the UK and they're free from nasty ingredients like petrochemicals and parabens. All of these are great qualities as far as I'm concerned, especially as all of Amie's products are very reasonably priced - a 75ml tube of Amie's Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask is £4.95 in Boots.

Now, the face mask itself was really impressive for such an affordable skincare product. I was rather surprised at first because unlike most other face masks I've used this was one a mint green colour and it smelt very fresh, but there was no chemical scent to it. Once applied it was indeed very cooling on the skin which was almost certainly down to the peppermint oil content. The mask contains white clay which dries relatively quickly because the mask isn't super thick - which is both good and bad. It's good because it means the mask isn't too hard to remove and it isn't too harsh on sensitive skin. However, I tend to find thicker clay masks more effective at deep cleansing the skin so this isn't the most hardcore of cleansing masks. After I used it my skin was a touch more pink than it should be so it might not be suitable for those with very sensitive skin but I did find that it has deep cleansed my skin enough for me to want to use it again. The following day I also felt as though it had helped rein in my usually very oily t-zone, and for me that's another reason to reach for it again.

All in all, I was really impressed, I definitely feel like Amie's Spring Clean Cooling Face Mask outperformed it's price and I would definitely consider purchasing the 75ml tube in the future. My first experience of Amie has been great and I'd definitely like to try out some more of their skincare range.



Have you tried any of Amie's skincare products before?

Share:

4 comments

  1. I had a little sample from somewhere as well, but I found it stung my skin because it is a bit sensitive. I found it really hard to take off as well. I wanted to love it though!

    Bree
    Colour Shimmer Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this mask, and it's such a great price. I used to use their pink cleanser (I forget the name) religiously before I was a blogger, but am so disloyal to any products now as I want to try everything! But I think I'd go back to it, really made my face feel clean and was only about £4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mask, it dries so quickly and makes your skin feel amazing x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Amie new leaf scrub which I like and I've always been interested about this mask and I think it's great you can buy a sachet to try it out first! Definitely on my to buy list :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig