UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 31, 2014

January Beauty Favourites




This month has been wonderful where beauty products are concerned and I've found quite a few items which are going to be long standing favourites (and repurchasables) of mine! Lets get down to the good stuff.



Miss Dior Eau de Toilette
This was a Christmas present from my dad and initially I found it quite strong but I've quickly warmed up to this fragrance. I've gone through a bottle of this before and it is just such a gorgeous scent. Heavy without being overwhelming and seriously sensual and elegant. I've got to stop myself from spritzing it a little bit too freely!

& Other Stories Body Scrub
Oh mama, this is the bees knees of body scrubs. It smells sensational - like spring has sprung and has been conveniently bottled away - and offers a seriously good exfoliation without irritating skin. It might be hard to get your hands on in a store but & Other Stories has a website which I would highly recommend checking out - link here. Definitely give the Shinjuku range a try, but my other personal favourite is the Moroccan Tea Range! Read my full review of this body scrub here.

Lush Gentle Lentil Shampoo
Before I begin I have to very sadly inform you that this has been discontinued! I bobbed down to my local Lush to enquire after this Shampoo (I'm going through it at an alarming rate) and they told me that the entire Lush Retro line is being replaced and I quote "by some bigger and more exciting project which as of yet is a bit of a secret to everyone". Well, it better be pretty blooming' exciting because this shampoo quickly became the best shampoo I'd ever used, holy grail material folks. And it has just as quickly been whisked away from me. C'est la vie I suppose, life is cruel.

Seventeen Tattoo Me Eyeliner
I've been lining my upper eyelids six days out of seven (I just love how liquid liner looks) and this has been my go-to eyeliner this month. It offers an intense matte black line that doesn't budge once its dried. If you want make-up that won't smudge, bleed, melt or dissolve then this is the liquid eyeliner for you. Read my full review here and I wore it in a FOTD here.

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask
I've been a bit sickly this month (I blame the return of "freshers" flu to which even unfortunate postgraduate students like myself are susceptible) and my skin has really benefited from this Antipodes face mask. If you're looking for a great multi-tasking face treatment that will cleanse your pores but also leave your skin hydrated and supple then I'd definitely recommend it. Read my full review here


Have you tried any of my January Beauty Favourites? What products have you been loving this month?

Share:

8 comments

  1. That body scrub must be amazing! I've only tried nail polishes from & Other Stories and I loved them - now I'm tempted to try out something new :)! Great favorites, dear :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try that face mask SO badly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The think the lentil shampoo should be an interesting product to try. I know lentil is full of protein and antioxidants, but on my head? It must be good.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Antipodes mask looks wonderful!x
    www.mademoisellenature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Antipodes mask always sounds great, I think I will like it, and errrggghhh to freshers flu I don't think I have ever been so sick and I got it every year until I left... :/ Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. It's a shame your favourite Lush shampoo is being discontinued

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a new eyeliner, might give that one a try
    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig