UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 16, 2014

New Beauty Bits


Over the last month I've been trying out a couple of new products that I thought I would share with you. Today I'll we talking about my thoughts of a lip balm, moisturiser, facial oil and some face wipes - all of which I tried for the first time over the six weeks.


Bee Good Vanilla & Honey Lip Balm*
I was very kindly gifted this lip balm at Scarlett London's #bloggerfestival and it is the first Bee Good is product  that I've had the pleasure of using. Bee Good is a lovely British company that uses natural ingredients in their products. Their Vanilla & Honey Lip Balm is very light and hydrating and works well when used in the morning before applying make-up or throughout the day. It doesn't, however, have the heavy, super hydrating consistency of the lip balms that I like to apply in the evening before bed to rejuvenate my lips for the coming day. All in all, I really like the subtle scent, the light texture and the colourful packaging and I've been reaching for it all month long. I think it is much better than simple and cheap drugstore lip balms and it is on par, but not better, than my long standing favourite lip balm from Lush, Honey Trap. I would definitely recommend it if you like to wear lip products and want something to use during the day but not if you're looking for an overnight lip treatment.

Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil Free Moisturizer Aloe Vera & Bamboo
I picked this moisturiser up when I was in Amsterdam in September. I've wanted to try some Formula 10.0.6 products for a long time but I haven't ever seen them for sale in the UK. If you have combination or oily skin then you'll know how important mattifying moisturisers are in a skincare routine. What I really like about this one is that it isn't overly scented, it has a very light constancy that is reminiscent of a higher-end product favourite of mine (L'Occitane's Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid) and it really does keep my oily t-zone matte without overly drying out my skin. I really like the product, I like the packaging and I like the results. I've only been using this for about a month now but my first impressions are really good. I'm hoping that I can continue to use this throughout the next few months, although with winter approaching I will need to wait and see if I need a more hydrating option. 


Green People Anti-Ageing Facial Oil*
This is another sample that I received at the #bloggersfestival and I am so, so glad that I did. Green People is a relatively new brand discovery of mine but I have been overwhelmed by the quality of their products. I recently reviewed one of their powder blushes and fell in love! The results of trying this facial oil weren't much different. I have never applied a product before bed and seen very immediate results the next morning. From my very first application of this facial oil I saw an immediate and drastic improvement in the texture of my skin. This facial oil packs a seriously hydrating punch and transformed my tired and dull complexion into much softer and more radiant skin. I couldn't recommend this more highly and I've already purchased a full size. I've also converted my dad to this oil, even on his very dry mature skin it does wonders so I definitely think this is a winner.

Diadermine Hydrating Facial Wipes
This is another product I picked up when I was in Amsterdam because I was staying in a 8 bed hostel and wanted something to quickly and easily remove my eye makeup when I returned late in the evenings. Sophia actually chose these make-up wipes and her decision turned out to be a good one because I think these are the best ones I've ever tried. They're incredibly moist and hydrating and they remove eye makeup very very well. We picked up two packs for €5 so they're relatively affordable and if I ever need face wipes again when I'm travelling I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for these and repurchasing them. Honestly, if you know where to buy these I would recommend them above any of the others I've tried and reviewed in the past. Like all face wipes they aren't as good as a thorough cleanse, but they're great at removing make-up and they didn't irritate my skin at all. 


Have you tried any of these products before?
 What skincare products have you been loving lately?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ooh will definitely check out the Green People facial oil! I really want to try the Bee Good cleanser xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to put Green People oil on my to-buy list :)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig