UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 21, 2014

Maybelline's New Leather Effect Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige

drugstore cream shadow matte brown
drugstore cream shadow matte brown mac groundwork dupe

I spotted Maybelline's Leather Effect Colour Tattoo in Boots last week and I immediately snapped it up. I am such a big fan of the regular Colour Tattoos, they're one of the few cream eyeshadows that actually last on my eyelids without creasing or fading. When I saw the shade Creamy Beige (which I was hoping would be a dupe for Mac's Groundwork Paintpot) I was so excited. I love On and On Bronze and Permanent Taupe but neither are the easy "everyday" shades that I want, but Creamy Beige is a light, matte brown that just screamed "your future everyday shadow".

I wasn't at all put off by the Leather Effect claim. When I swatched it in-store I didn't notice any difference from the regular colour tattoos except that they have a thinner and more creamy consistency. Sadly, it was exactly this that turned out to be a problem. The thinner consistency means that the shadows doesn't have as much purchase on my eyelid and when used without a primer it very quickly creases and fades. I can't stress how disappointed I am! I've tried using this so many times, I think I've applied it every day since I bought it, and every single time the same thing happens - all the product slips into the crease of my eyelid. For now I am resigned to the fact that I can only really use this under my eyes as a smudged out liner. I don't think I'll be trying any more shades but I will work to see if there is any way I can make Creamy Beige work for me.


I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've tried out any of the new Leather Effect Colour Tattoos, how have you found the different consistency?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

10 comments

  1. Such a shame that the formula's not great they are lovely colours though
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been very impressed with the Color Tattoos, sadly. I've only got two shades and they were alright, nothing else :(

    x Julia | Wing me a dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh the colour is lovely but they do look a little bit on the dry side!

    Jamie-Lee.
    Glitter Infatuation - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a shame that the products weren't what you were expecting! The shades are so lovely though!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color looks very pretty but definitely dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eee I had no idea they added to this range! Creamy Beige looks like a lovely colour and it goes so well with Permanent Taupe, which I already own. Definitely need this in my life!

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a shame this creased so easily :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only tried it once, in store, but I thought the texture was good. I personally don't like Permanent Taupe but I really liked Creamy Beige and I think it's a spot on dupe for Mac Groundwork Paint Pot. x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw they'd brought out a couple of new ones (right when I ordered on from America in despair - typical!) I might still try this as it's only a fiver but the formula sounds a little disappointing! x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea they was even bringing these out, I have Perm. Taupe and I'm not a big fan of it, the formula of these sound pretty horrific though so I think I'll be staying clear! I can't be bothered with the whole priming my eyes at 7am!

    Lou Barker xo

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig