UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 23, 2014

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Minx (compared to Magnetism)


I finally got my hands on one of Illamasqua's new Glamore Lipsticks in October's YouBeauty subscription box. I received the shade Minx, a dark rosy nude that is a perfect colour for the autumn/winter season. It also helps that I don't have anything like it in my collection so I know that I'll be reaching for it whenever I want a slightly vampy nude (when I apply it heavily) or a more subtle dark nude stain (when I apply it lightly). 

I only own one other Illamasqua lipstick in the shade Magnetism, which I picked up in Illamasqua's summer sale this August. It's a gorgeous purple/berry shade (which the the sort of colour I've been wearing a lot this year) and it has an incredibly matte texture. I've included photos of Magnetism (left) and Minx (right) below so that you can get an idea of their colour and also of their texture.


Magnetism is incredibly matte whereas Minx is much creamier in consistency. Minx doesn't drag when I apply it to my lips which makes it slightly more comfortable to wear and I also find it easier to apply it lightly. It also has very good staying power for something so creamy and when I'm not eating or drinking it lasts for hours without fading. It isn't quite as long lasting as Illamasqua's matte lipsticks but this is to be expected. Magnetism's staying power is really quite incredible and I love to reach for it when I don't want to have to worry about my lip colour. 

All in all, I really like both formulations and I think Illamasqua's shade range is pretty amazing, especially now that they've expanded their collection to include nude shades. Magnetism and Minx might not be to everyone's liking, but if you want very high quality lipsticks that are going to feel great to wear and are going to last a long time then I'd definitely recommend them. I certainly prefer them to my Mac lipsticks and I find the customer service when I shop in Illamasqua stores has always been impeccable.


Have you tried Illamasqua's lipsticks? What do you think of the two shades I own?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

8 comments

  1. These shades are so beautiful! I love minx, it sounds so lovely!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you have a lovely blog.So to share the love I have nominated you for the one Lovely blog award.check my blog for full.details.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colour of both, I don't really mind the matte textures either, great review of both though :) x

    Jamie-Lee.
    Glitter Infatuation - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any Illamasqua lipsticks yet but both of these look very nice. I know Illamasqua have some very good sales on sometimes, so I'll be keeping a look out for any lipstick bargains in the future :)

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shades are lovely, I prefer the Minx shade x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're alike (especially compared to how they look in the bullet) but definitely different enough for you to have both. I love the look of Minx, annoyingly I got a shade that was way too light in my box! x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig