UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 24, 2014

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Green Tea

washing make up brushes soap
washing my make up brushes soap

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap* is one of those hyped products that I've put off trying because everyone talked about it all the time. This might seem silly but it comes from a place of sanity. I usually a) don't like talking about the same things as everyone else when they're talking about them and b) sometimes I just can't believe the hype. I remember when Bioderma hit the scene and beauty fanatics raved about it. All I could think for months was "why is everyone going so mad about bottles of water?". Inevitably I caved and I will be the first to admit that in the case of Bioderma I had judged the book by it's cover and had gone months without the wonder of miceller goodness. Well, to my pleasant surprise, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap* is another one of those products that well deserves the chatter that surrounds it. I picked mine up at the #BloggersTeaParty in the Green Tea scent (which I chose for myself, although it was a very close call between Green Tea and Almond) and not only does it smell amazing and not at all fake and perfumey but it does a blooming brilliant job of cleaning my makeup brushes! It does it in about half the time, using 1/3 of the amount of product, as baby shampoo (which I've been using for years) and now I just can't imagine going back.

Other than using less product and saving me time there are a whole host of other reasons to switch to Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap*. Not only is it a cruelty free product but it is also suitable for vegans, meaning that it doesn't contain any animal products or by-products. The brand also has a fair trade and eco friendly ethos, with all the packaging being made out of recycled plastic. If a product works then that's one thing, but a product that works from a brand with strong ethical values that makes it suitable for all (or nearly all) beauty junkies is another thing altogether - and I think it probably explains Dr. Bronner's success and subsequent good reputation. I'm going to be investing in a big bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap* when my small bottle comes to an end (although I can see it conceivably lasting me a couple of months if I reserve it for my brushes). You can find sizes from 59ml all the way to 946ml in a whole array of pleasant fragrances over on Dr. Bronner's website (RRP £1.99 - £13.99).


Have you tried any of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps? What do you use to wash your make-up brushes?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

6 comments

  1. I've been using Dr Bronner for years, great for all sorts of beauty tasks, I use mainly for hand washing and cleaning brushes but I also take on my travels, it's good for washing dishes & clothes if you are on a self catering holiday or didn't pack enough undies (does that ever happen! lol) Peppermint and Almond are my favourites, I have tried Green Tea, it is nice but won't be a repurchase because of the fragrance wasn't a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a brand called Naissance who do organic castile soap to wash my brushes :) it is like magic how easily it comes clean! I thought exactly the same when micellar waters exploded onto the blogger scene, although I love it now!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try this stuff, I never know what to use with my brushes but this sounds perfect, great review x

    Jamie-Lee.
    Glitter Infatuation - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look at this stuff but haven't yet bought a bottle! Perhaps I should buy a mini bottle first as it's so cheap and see how I get on xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with Dr Bronners Magic Soaps, I use it for my brushes and also on my skin when it's extremely oily, it works a treat!

    Em

    www.emsmixedbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dr. Bronner's. The peppermint is my favorite. I usually clean my brushes with it like this (http://view-flipside.blogspot.com/2014/06/beauty-quick-tip-cleaning-makeup-brushes.html) & can clean several of my brushes with only a few drops. It really does last awhile, especially since you dilute it for most uses. I'm the same way about avoiding products with a lot of hype around them & I'm glad you found a new, eco-friendly, product that you love.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig