UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 15, 2014

Lavera Natural Concealer in Ivory 01


I picked up Lavera's Natural Concealer in my Naturisimo Haul which I blogged about earlier this month. I decided to pick it up because I was looking for a natural alternative to my 'go-to' concealer from Seventeen (the Stay Time Concealer which has a very thin and light consistency but which lasts very well throughout the day). 

If you're looking for a heavy duty concealer than Lavera's Natural Concealer is not going to be for you, it isn't thick and I like to sheer it out further as I blend it under my eyes and around my nose. I like applying a light layer of concealer underneath my foundation (to diminish but not completely conceal my imperfections) and I find that Lavera's Natural Concealer works well when applied like this. It is very easy to blend and it dries much more quickly than Seventeen's Stay Time Concealer (see my swatches below). It isn't quite as yellow toned as Seventeen's concealer (which I think is a shame) but I still find the colour very natural and wearable. 

Lavera's Natural Concealer isn't quite as light in colour as Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair but it isn't quite as dark as their Light shade either. This is perfect for me as I usually have to blend Fair and Light to get the right colour. 


I'm not blown away by this concealer but I do like it and I will definitely continue to use it. I think it works very well at evening out skin discolouration but because it isn't very thick and creamy it isn't amazing at covering blemishes. I don't think I could entirely rely on this concealer alone, especially when I want a more done-up look featuring a heavier and more "perfecting" base. However, it does work well as part of the light, natural every-day make-up looks for which I generally opt.  You can find Lavera's Natural Concealer online at Naturisimo for £9.81 (with free delivery).


What concealers do you like using? 

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

4 comments

  1. Lavera makeup has been a bit hit & miss for me, I find the colour options not quite right for my complexion which is a shame because it is an affordable brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite a fan of Rimmel's Wake Me Up for undereye concealing! I'm going to be trying the Maybelline Age Rewind soon, I've heard amazing things.
    xxJ

    www.wingmeadream.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Estee Lauder Double Wear and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried this brand.
    I like Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig