UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 30, 2014

October Beauty Empties

image of products Ive used up this month
image of products Ive used up this month

I don't have a huge empties post for you today but I do have quite a few make-up bits and pieces to which I'm finally saying good bye, as well as some much loved products from Lush and & Other Stories.

 First up is Kiko's Eyebrow Marker which I thought might be a good budget dupe for Cosmetics A La Carte's Brow Ink. Sadly, it isn't. I found that the Kiko's Eyebrow Marker dried out really quickly and I didn't get enough use out of it to feel able to recommend it, I won't be repurchasing it again. 

Similarly, I'm also saying goodbye to Seventeen's Tattoo Me Semi Permenant Liquid Eyeliner because it's dried up and gone a bit gloopy. I absolutely loved this eyeliner, I definitely would recommend it but it lasts almost exactly 9 months after which it is unworkable. This is fine if you're loyal to your make-up but because I chop and change my routine quite a lot I didn't get as much use out of it as I had hoped. 

I've finally decided to part ways with my final tube of Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer. I've used about four of these so far and I'd definitely recommend it. However, at the moment I'm trialling one from Maybelline, after which I'm hoping to find a natural and cruelty free concealer that I can stick with so I won't be repurchasing this one from Collection. 

There are three mascaras leaving my stash - W7's Eyelust Mascara*, MaxFactor's False Lash Effect Mascara and MaxFactor's Masterpiece Mascara. I did not get along well with W7's option, but I loved both my MaxFactor mascaras - especially the Masterpiece mascara which was great for everyday wear! I'd recommend it if you like long, defined lashes in a formula that doesn't smudge but is still easy to remove.

I picked up this Morrocan Tea Body Lotion from & Other Stories ages ago and I've been using it very sparingly to try and make it last! I absolutely love the scent - it's vey fresh - and although it is a very light moisturiser I like to use it when I want something that is going to sink in quickly. It isn't an intensive hydrator, but it's nice if you want a body lotion and scent all in one. I definitely consider repurchasing it. 

Last up is Lush's I Love Juicy Shampoo which I picked up in my Lush boxing day sales haul last Christmas. Although a small 100ml bottle might seem expensive if you use I Love Juicy as a clarifying treatment then it will last for ages and totally justify the price. I really enjoyed using it and I'd definitely consider repurchasing the shampoo although I'd like to try Lush's Rehab Shampoo or a Bumble and Bumble option next. 


Have you tried anything that I mentioned in today's post? What products are you sad to say goodbye to this month?

Share:

3 comments

  1. i haven't tried anything except the collection concealer which i loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of the Studio 78 concealer? It's a natural brand and the concealer comes in a little round pot. It needs warming up a little to make applying and blending easier, but it gives good coverage and lasts well with a powder on top xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so blind, I thought that said "I love July!" and I was like eh, I've never heard of that. I haven't tried any haircare from LUSH... yet :)

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig