UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 06, 2013

Beauty Haul: Setting myself up for summer


gradual tanner haul
haul make up brushes
haul
haul


I finally caved! It turns out I can't resist Boots' 3 for 2 offer, and then once I was in town Superdrug and Topshop lured me in. I've actually never tried any Topshop make-up before so I'm really excited to try their cheek duo in 'Desert Sun'. Also, you can probably tell that a lot of my choices are ones that are going to prepare me for summer. I got a new set of base products- foundation, concealer and powder. Although I don't really need a new foundation right now (my two new Revlon foundations are really lovely!) I thought that I'd pick this Bourjois one up as my freebie after purchasing the Real Techniques brushes. I'm keen to try the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer as my Collection concealer is definitely on its last legs and the powder is a summer must have for keeping my oily skin in check! I've also picked up some gradual tanner as well as all the things I'll need for when I embrace instant tan (when it's warmer and I'll actually be able to go out with bare legs). In addition, I've picked up Collection's Shimmer Shades because I think all of the four colours will work really well on me for either contouring or bronzing and three workable shades for around £4 seemed like a good deal. The Mua lipgloss (in the shade Sienna) is a lovely orange colour which will definitely compliment bronzer and tanned skin. All in all this was definitely a hopeful shop, please please please can summer hurry up and get here, because when it does I am going to be ready!



Are you preparing for summer too? What summer-y products would you recommend?


Share:

15 comments

  1. You've got some lovely things! I am a massive fan of the Dove summer glow :) it is amazing! just found your blog and am now following, I love it!

    xo

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely :) I've checked your blog out and love it! xx

      Delete
  2. You got some great stuff there xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want a Boots here... good stuff you bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm always lusting after stores we don't get in the UK haha xx

      Delete
  4. I'm popping into Boots this afternoon I'm gunna pick up my summer essentials too. I think an orange lip product is on the cards just like yours! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never usually wear coral or orange shades but I'm really liking them at the moment xx

      Delete
  5. Damn boots 3 for 2! It's impossible to resist haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love it, my dear. <3

    xoxo
    HOLYKATTA

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has got be excited, I want to try a gradual tanner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given the Dove one a go and I'd recommend it, but a lot of other people are loving Palmers so that's probably worth a try too :) xx

      Delete
  8. I still need to get my boots 3 for 2! Love the look of the shimmer shades! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I haven't used them yet but I'll be giving them a go next week- excited! :) xx

      Delete
  9. The real techniques brushes are always a good shout! I usually stock myself up on lots of facial sunscreen, bright lip colours and lighter coverage foundation as well :)

    Rachel//www.twentysomethingbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig