UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 22, 2013

Wake Your Face Up: Dainty Doll Powder Blusher in Shade 004 You Are My Sunshine (Review and Swatches)

review of gorgeous coral gold flecked blush with swatches
colour powder blusher review swatch fotd
dainty doll powder blusher orange county girl shade review swatch

This is the second Dainty Doll Powder Blusher that I've reviewed (you can read my other review here, if you're interested) and it is the second one that I've fallen in love with. Dainty Doll Powder Blusher in the shade Orange County Girl (004) is an absolutely gorgeous peach shade with a healthy dose of very finely milled golden shimmer running through it. I find the colour to be really amazing. It's subtle but noticeable and offers cheeks a really lovely warmth that I've found is a really easy way to wake my face up.


Dainty Doll Powder Blusher in Shade 004 You Are My Sunshine  review swatches fotd


I'm quite pale at the moment (almost back at my palest) so I do apply this relatively lightly although I have applied it more heavily than in the photo above and I still liked how it looks. I use my Real Techniques Blusher Brush to apply this and find that I just have to gently tap it onto the powder and enough will transfer to give a lovely, light application of colour. It really looks lovely on very fair skin as you can wear it very lightly as well as being able to build it up easily and evenly when you want more of a statement cheek. I think this is the absolute perfect blush for people with pale skin like mine to wear in the summertime, when they have just a hint of a tanned glow to their faces. I never tan terribly well but when I'm a slightly darker shade I think the beauty and warmth of this blush will really shine through. Although I'm wearing this a lot at the moment, I can forsee this (and my other favourite shade, Money Talks 004) being summer staples.

The wear time on these blushes is fantastic. When I wear primer under my foundation these do last a bit better, but even without primer I have found that these last really well throughout the day, 9am to 6-7pm, (but with primer the colour looks a bit closer to how it does in the morning right at the end of the day). If I was to go out anywhere in the evening and wanted to look freshly made-up then I would most likely touch up my blusher, but I'd probably do this with all my make-up as my oily skin tends to need some attention after a full day in make-up. Also, it's worth knowing that the packaging of this blush is really quite lovely. The compact is really sturdy and the mirror is really large making this a product that it's really convenient to keep in your handbag.

All in all, these blushes are fantastic. Especially if you pick them up from websites such as HalfPricePerfumes or Fragrance Direct for the seriously low price of £1.99. Keep checking around for these as they frequently come in and out of stock! If you like the look of Orange County Girl I would seriously recommend checking out Money Talks as this is equally (if not more) lovely.



Have you tried any Dainty Doll products? Do you like the look of this blush?



Share:

13 comments

  1. I love their blush! I have that in money talks and it is sooooo nice! They do great shades

    Dp
    X

    Www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reviewed Money Talks a while ago too, absolutely love both of them! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a gorgeous shade, really suits youx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my girl in powder blush and this in cream blush i didn't know you could get it in powder. Its such a lovely shade, a complete summer staple. I agree about the packaging its lovely, sturdy and the compact/mirror makes it perfect for traveling :)

    kate - sparkle dust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Girl's a lovely shade too! I'll probably review this one next :) The cream blushes are lovely colours too although I don't find that they last quite so long. The packaging is really great isn't it :) xx

      Delete
  4. This looks so pretty, it's the perfect shade for you! x


    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn :) I really love this shade xx

      Delete
  5. I love Dainty Doll products I have tried quite a few different things and always been pleased. This looks like a lovely shade, really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really impressed by nearly everything of theirs that I've tried so far :) and thank you! xx

      Delete
  6. What a lovely shade this is, I was expecting it to be much darker xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really wearable! I was a bit intimidated by it in the pan but it's really nice on xx

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful colour and it looks so suttle on the skin! perfect! I really need to invest in some Dainty Doll Make up!!

    New Follower! :)

    http://tinypollypocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig