UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 19, 2013

Review: Weleda's Skin Food

natural skincare moisturiser to help dry skin rough skin Weleda

I've been using Weleda's Skin Food for a couple of months now and I've started to reach for it more and more recently. It's an incredibly effective intensive moisturiser aimed at very dry, or rough, skin that is in need of some intense hydration. I have a couple of areas that need the help of a product like this, most notably my knuckles which I'm in a constant battle with to keep looking smooth and feeling soft. However, I've also started using this on my heels (as a sort of intensive treatment) to help my feet look more 'summer ready'. On both areas I've found it to be wonderfully effective.

Skin Food is full of natural ingredients, including numerous essential oils, and really is an incredibly multipurpose product (one that is also suitable for Vegetarians). I think this would make a great cuticle cream and I've used it on patches of my eczema before which it has really helped with. Skin Food is a heavy, oily, product that you only need to apply very lightly to feel its effects. It takes quite a while to sink in but when it finally does the benefits are immediately noticeable. This isn't a product I'd use 'on the go', but Skin Food is great to use before bed or on a lazy evening in front of the television or computer as you can apply it and just forget about it while it does its magic. It has a bit of a weird scent (once which is beyond my powers of description) but it isn't unpleasant, just unusual, and I don't think it would put many people off using it. 

I personally grew to really love Skin Food when I got used to its consistency and experienced first hand just how effective it it. It isn't a glamorous product but it is an incredibly useful one and costing just £8.95 for 75ml, which is enough to last you for ages, I think it is worth every penny.



Have you tried Skin Food before? What's your go-to intensive moisturiser?


Share:

10 comments

  1. I just started using this after getting a generous sized sample in my Birch Box and i am impressed i am tempted to buy the full size when it runs out. It makes me glad i get Birch Box because i would never of bought this before.

    Kate - Sparkle Dust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the good thngs about beauty boxes, they can be really good at helping you try new brands! xx

      Delete
  2. I think that this brand is really great and offers awesome products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent ever tried it, but it sounds really good. I love how bright the tube is too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour isn't it :) Really stands out on my dressing table xx

      Delete
  4. This is one of my favourite Weleda products, I like to use it as a foot cream and then put socks over the top you wake up with really soft feet! :)

    http://anagoesgreenbeautyorganic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I hadn't thought to sleep with it on, I'll definitely try this xx

      Delete
  5. I've bought this recently, it's such good value for money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I reckon it'll last for absolutely ages! xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig