UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 28, 2013

Just A Little Thing: Superdrug Facial Cleansing Sponge


 Available from Superdrug, here, for 99p


I was really very pleasantly surprised with this little facial sponge. I picked this up from Superdrug on a complete whim to try and help my, frankly quite rubbish, cleanser work a bit better. It definitely helped which is fantastic, but once I also switched cleansers I fully realised this little sponge's potential. Facial brushes are big blogger must haves but I for one don't want to invest in them. I've given it a lot of thought and I don't know why but they just really don't appeal to me. However, I do see why they might work well. Using something really clean and mildly exfoliating to apply your normal cleanser seems like it could only help your skin. With my student budget firmly in mind, this little facial cleansing sponge seemed like something worth giving a try.

I think this facial sponge is like a super gentle version of a muslin cloth, which is why I like it! I apply my cleanser with my finger tips to my face and then soak the sponge in hot water before squeezing out excess water. I then rub the sponge, gently, in small circles across my face. When I want to remove the cleanser I repeat this process but with a soaking wet sponge. The result is that my cleanser works better and my skin is left softer and clearer. It's such a simple little addition into my cleansing routine but I love it so much. Considering this was just 99p I would heartily recommend it, if you don't like it then you won't be too disappointed and if you do love it then you'll be super chuffed that you found something so useful that was so cheap!



Protip: I've also discovered that this little sponge makes taking off cream and clay facemasks so much easier and a lot neater! They'll be no more clay getting into my hair from here on out. 



Do you use anything like this when you cleanse?



Share:

18 comments

  1. such a bargain at 99p! I need to pick one up! great review (: x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think it's great, a really affordable addition to anyone's skincare routine xx

      Delete
  2. I saw this in Superdrug today and wasn't sure whether to purchase it or not - I wish I'd read this review first so I'd have bought it! :)

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds incredible and for 99p definitely doesn't break the bank. next time i'm in superdrug I'm picking this up. 99p, ah bargain. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do! I think it's fab, definitely worth picking one up xx

      Delete
  4. I will definitely be buying this sponge, it sounds really good for the price and I've been looking for something cheaper than those face brushes myself!

    :)

    www.bettyvintage.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another little review coming soon on another great product that you'll probably love the look of :) xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You should! and you could soak this in hot hot water to help open your pores even better for a deep clean xx

      Delete
  6. This is a great cheaper dupe for a Body Shop sponge - exactly the same product down to the shape and size, except the superdrug one is a few pounds cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that on the Body Shop website and thought it was a bit cheeky as they literally look identical! xx

      Delete
  7. Wow! Definitely going to check my local superdrug for this! Such a bargain! :) x

    http://justanotherhighmaintenancegirl.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea! I'm always finding it difficult to get my clay facemasks! xo

    sarahleax.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then this is perfect for you! I always used to get them in my hair which used to really annoy me- not anymore though :) xx

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, thank you for sharing this! I saw some Eco Tools ones in TKMaxx for £2.99 (3 pack) but I think I'll try this asap! Such a great post, I'm so glad I know about it now!

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bargain...will be buying one of these on my next trip into town!
    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig