UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 02, 2013

Lip Lovin' : Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter and Mandarin Lip Butter Stick

packaging colours swatch
colour pot packaging
colour packagingcolour packaging swatch review
swatch review
[top: Pomegranate Lip Butter  bottom: Mandarin Lip Butter Stick]


After having a pretty disappointing experience with my Birchbox subscription I was pleased when I had enough 'points' from reviewing items I'd been sent to get a free £10 shop on their online store. This coupled with the 20% discount voucher they sent me because one of my boxes was extremely late meant that I got both of these Korres products for the grand sum of £1. I've been incredibly pleased with the Korres skincare that I've tried and I was hoping that their lip products would be equally impressive (plus if they were it might slightly redeem Birchbox as at least I might have gotten some nice lip products out of them).


I have not been disappointed! Korres' Pomegranate Lip Butter is the most gorgeous shade, it's a relatively sheer and glossy orangey-red shade that is really wearable during the day. I've worn it a couple of times and on every occasion I've received compliments, even from some of my male friends who rarely compliment anything beauty related. The formula feels somewhere between a balm and a gloss (it reminded me a little bit of the Body Shop's Lip Gloss pots) but it isn't at all sticky like glosses can sometimes be. When you apply this onto your lips it is semi-sheer but it's quite a thick product so it clings to your lips and feels really moisturising. It doesn't stay on your lips for ages, I think the colour fades after an hour or maybe an hour and a half, but your lips stay feeling hydrating for the period that you wear it as well as benefiting afterwards. I don't find this much of a hassle to re-apply but the fact that it's in a pot means that it isn't the most hygienic product, you'd have to make sure you have clean fingers before you went to re-apply it. Overall though I really love this, the shade is perfect for summer and it's a nice alternative shade to my cherry red Baby Lips, which is the other tinted lip balm which I've been loving lately and will be wearing through the summer. 


Korres' Mandarin Lip Butter Stick is the alternative for those of you out there who don't like the unhygienic aspect of the Lip Butter pots. The formula isn't quite the same in the Stick version (which is understandable). It's a lot more 'buttery' and less glossy, and you can see this when you apply it. It applies more thickly and because of this it has lasted longer when I've worn it. It doesn't, however, give you the same glossiness of the Lip Butter pots but it does feel more moisturising so I'd recommend it over the pots if your lips need extra hydration. Another bonus of the Lip Butter Stick is that even though the colour is more pigmented than the Lip Butter pots, I feel comfortable reapplying this without a mirror. As a result this is something I find really easy to reapply throughout the day and I therefore reach for it quite a lot. The colour I chose is Mandarin'and it's a little bit darker than Pomegranate so it isn't quite so summer-y but I still think it's a lovely colour. I think I prefer the colour of Pomegranate but love the formula of Mandarin, if I could get the shade Pomegranate in the same formula I would snap it up in a second. 


There are a whole range of colours in both the pot and stick form. ASOS stock both the pots and the sticks for £7 but you could also purchase these in the Birchbox shop like I did. 



Have you tried any Korres lip products?



Share:

15 comments

  1. I really want to try this, it sounds so lovely xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up? How's it going? :) I love your blog so I followed you. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.

    NEW LOOK UP! CHECK IT OUT!

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandarin looks really pretty! :)
    I want to try the Mango Lip Butter, I've heard so many people rave about it and if it's as good lookin' as Pomegranate then yay!

    Love, Hails x @ www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be, I've looked up swatches and they seem quite similar- both lovely and bright and very Spring/Summer friendly :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh that's so cool that they also make it in a stick! Although from what you said I think I'd prefer the moisture and glossiness of the pots. I have the Mango one and love it!!!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the sticks to use 'on the go' as I don't want to get my pot dirty! But I do love the finish of my 'Pomegranate' pot so I'm a bit torn! xx

      Delete
  5. There really is nothing as beautiful as a freshly opened tub of Korres Lip Butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the sticks yet but really want to pick up a couple. Love Pomegranate :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their formula is different to the pots but still really lovely and nourishing xx

      Delete
  7. Oooo I've wanted some Korres bits for ages, you've just convinced me that I definitely need some now! x

    srslylou.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the wild rose lip butter (in a pot) but really want to try some of the stick versions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I've been wanting to try these for ages! Must get on that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang these are pretty :) look like they'd be perfect for summer

    Rachel//www.twentysomethingbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig