UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 19, 2012

REVIEW: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Cleansing Gel


I very happily stumbled upon this product in Superdrug recently and was surprised as I didn't know that Palmers did a facial skin care range! I couldn't help but buy this, especially as Superdrug had a 50% discount on the entire range. [I also picked up the Daily Facial Lotion so look out for that review in the near future!]






I'm not 100% sure if I like this product or not. I know that on the packaging advertises that this is 'fragrance free', usually something I look for in skin care, but it isn't quite true. Although it doesn't have the signature Palmer's Cocoa Butter smell it does smell quite strongly of soap! It made me feel quite nervous when I first used it as the smell really is very soapy and soapy cleansing gels normally are not all that kind on sensitive skin. However, despite the smell it really is very skin friendly. It didn't irritate my skin in any way (no red cheeks or sore eyes)  but it did provide what felt like a thorough cleanse, my skin was squeaky clean after using it. It didn't live up to its claim of not leaving skin 'dry or tight' though as it did dry my skin out a little making the use of a moisturiser after using this product essential. 

It really foams up on contact with water so a small amount goes a long way and I can imagine this bottle will last quite a long time. I've been using it morning and night without it being too overpowering for my skin and it hasn't badly dried it out (but I do use moisturiser both in the mornings and at night). I know for a fact that I dislike the smell and although it doesn't put me off using it, when it comes to cleansing time the smell really kills any possible excitement there could have ever been. That being said I do like the effects of the product and my skin is looking clearer so it really is a question of if you can put up with the soapy aroma then this product is something I would recommend. However, if you're looking for an indulgent scent (or if you really do want a fragrance free product) then this isn't for you. 

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Cleansing Gel is still half price in Superdrug and online, and delivery on any order is free for a few more days so if you are interested in trying it then you can buy it AND have it delivered for just £1.97.


What cleanser are you using right now? Would you recommend it?


Angelica
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig