UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 27, 2015

& Other Stories Demi Matt Lipstick in Revolution Auburn

one little vice beauty blog: and other stories lipstick review


& Other Stories immediately wowed me with their effective body care products, but for a really long time I've been very sceptical of their makeup. I don't know what exactly put me off but I just didn't bother to try it out. All this changed when I was on a solo shopping trip looking for presents for my best friend's birthday. I had time to kill and I was really interested in trying some new things so I went to the effort of swatching quite of few of & Other Stories' Lipsticks. They swatched so smoothly and the colours were all really interesting, very wearable colours but in a whole host of shades that I didn't own. I really fell in love with a lilac shade called Fedora Mauve but I decided to first try out one of the lipsticks in the sale, just to see how I got on with the formula. 

one little vice beauty blog: and other stories lipstick review


The shade I took home is called Revolution Auburn, a deep red-toned brown that looks really vampy and retro on the lips. This shade is entirely out of my comfort zone, but at some point you have to branch out or else you end up with fifteen pinky-mauve lipsticks! & Other Stories Lipsticks come in a couple of different formulas and Revolution Auburn is a Demi-Matt lip colour; it applies quite smoothly and feels like a cross between Mac's Amplified and Satin finish, but then once on the lip it does begin to feel a bit more drying like a matte lipstick. Personally, I like this fusion - you get the ease of application of a creamy lipstick and the finish of a satin/matte lipstick. 


one little vice beauty blog: and other stories lipstick packaging


I'm also really impressed with the packaging of & Other Stories' Lipsticks. The silver bullets are metal which makes them quite heavy, and this heaviness makes them feel expensive and luxurious. Additionally, they also have really well designed packaging. At the base of the lipstick are a series of raised dots (see the photo above) and these are designed to make the lid of the lipstick particularly sturdy. There is absolutely no way that the lid would come off in your handbag and this is down to thoughtful design.


one little vice beauty blog: and other stories lipstick review
one little vice beauty blog: and other stories lipstick swatch

The shade Revolution Auburn might not be to everyone's tastes but I would highly recommend & Other Stories' lipsticks generally. The packaging is really nice and I'm impressed with the Demi Matt finish. All things considered, I think & Other Stories Lipsticks are worth the £12.00 price tag and I'll definitely be going back to pick up Fedora Mauve.

Share:

1 comment

  1. I have a similar shade (from bareMinerals) and even though I like it I don't reach for it very often. This looks lovely on you! xx

    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig