UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 01, 2015

Smell Great, Feel Fantastic

one little vice beauty blog: Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier, La Montana Candle, SpaLondon Candle

Great smelling beauty products - whether we're talking about perfumes, candles or even makeup - always cheers me up. There's something about a great aroma that can instantly transform my mood, and today I'm going to be celebrating four products that work in exactly this way. If you're looking for a bit of a boost, that will also leave you or your home smelling lovely, then you might enjoy any or all of my picks.


one little vice beauty blog: new perfume for summer

Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier Eau de Parfum* | currently on offer for £34.40 

I featured this perfume in my May Beauty Favourites because it's been the only scent I've been reaching for recently. I've used Roger & Gallet's Fleur De Figuier range before in the past, but the Eau de Parfum is definitely the best product that I've tried so far. It's quite a strong, punchy fragrance but that's what I love about it. Pefume is definitely one of those things that can transform your mood, and when I apply Roger & Gallet's Fleur de Figuier Eau de Parfum I'm instantly left feeling more confident. It's my perfect mood-boost and I like reaching for it right before I leave the house.


one little vice beauty blog: great jasmine candle


I featured another La Montaña Candle in a beauty pamper post that I wrote recently. Since then, La Montaña very kindly sent me another one of their candles for me to try - and I love it. I find Jasmine scents really sexy - sorry if that's tmi, haha! - and they imbue me with an incredible and almost inexplicable self-confidence. Burning this candle whilst I've been working, writing or just spending time relaxing in the evenings has really helped boost my mood and left me feeling happier and more confident. Apart from this personal reaction, the aroma of the candle is just gorgeous and once lit it completely fills the room with it's fragrance. La Montaña's candles are really high quality and I'm converted to the benefits of investing in the fragrances with which you choose to fill your home.


one little vice beauty blog: products which smell great and leave you feeling good



I've spoken before about Les Fleurs de Bach's Energy Elixir and how I thought that it was hit or miss dependent on my mood. I think the same thing about the Energy Roll-On, however, I absolutely love the way it smells! If you put aside all claims at mental reinvigoration then you're still left with a portable rollerball packed full of essential oils. It's made up of five different essential oils; Grapefruit, Black Spruce, Laurel Leaf, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus. All of them are tempered by each other so there isn't one single strong note, instead you're left with the freshness of the Grapefruit and Eucalyptus but it's made rich and complex by the addition of the other three oils. I do think that scents can influence your mood and if you find the right one for you then they can be quite mind enhancing. For me personally, Les Fleurs de Bach Energy Roll-On has a stimulating scent that makes me feel capable and ready to tackle my day, and I think that's more than enough to keep me reaching for it!


SpaLondon Gold Amber Candle* | rrp £15.00 (for the full-size)

This is another gorgeous candle but with a rich, warming and indulgent scent. It reminds me of the candles I normally burn during the warmer months, but if you like sweet and rich scents then you'd appreciate this all year round. The best part of this candle is that as it burns it liquifies into an oil that you can apply to your body. All you have to do is wait for the oil to cool after you've finished burning the candle and then you can easily pour it out into your hands. It's designed in this way as part of SpaLondon's aromatherapy product range, working to enhance your mood and bring bodycare benefits. I haven't personally used this on my skin yet but I do absolutely love the candle's aroma, it's the sort of thing I'd definitely repurchase and even consider giving as a gift.


What fragrances do you love reaching for?


Share:

2 comments

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig