UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 23, 2015

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Review (My Favourite Summer Moisturiser)

one little vice beauty blog: light moisturiser for combination dehydrated skin



Vichy are without a doubt one of my favourite skincare brands. I bought the Aqualia Thermal Light moisturiser in an Escentual skincare haul last month and I've reached for it every single day - sometimes twice a day - since then. I have a slightly difficult skin type - combination / dehydrated, which I spoke more about in my last skincare routine post - and I find that Vichy's products work well for people with more than one main skincare issue. If you also have combination skin, or suffer from dehydrated skin, then you'll know that it can be hard to find the right sort of moisturiser, one that leaves your skin rehydrated but not overloaded or greasy. I think that Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light offers a solution to this problem.


one little vice beauty blog: affordable effective moisturiser for combination skin


I started to use Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light in the evenings, applying it on top of a hyularonic serum. I found that the gel-cream texture of the moisturiser sunk into my skin quickly without leaving any residue and left it feeling soft and healthy. The texture is so light and refreshing that it's perfect for the warmer months, and I found that since swapping to a lighter moisturiser I experienced far fewer breakouts. I believe this is because instead of relying on one "heavy" moisturising product (typically a facial oil) I now religiously apply two light layers - a serum and a light moisturiser. The serum I use contains intensive rehydrating properties that work on the deeper layers of my skin but this was not enough alone to leave my skin looking and feeling healthy. What Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light gave my skin was a plumpness and softness that my skin would otherwise lack.


one little vice beauty blog: light gel cream moisturiser for combination skin


I haven't used Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light without a serum, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness when used alone. However, what I can say is that I've found that this moisturiser has really helped to contribute towards an improvement in appearance of my complexion; not only is it less red but it feels less tight, and this is because I'm finally tackling the dehydration. Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light contains an ingredient called Activ Hyaluronine, a combination of hyularonic acid and lipidure thar Vichy claim is proven to offer long lasting moisturisation. I was sceptical at first, as I always am about ingredients with which I'm unfamilial, but the science seems to have held strong as my skin has  definitely benefited from consistent use of this moisturiser. The texture of the Light version is particularly good for combination skin types and because it sinks into the skin quickly it could be used in either the morning or evening. I can see myself finishing this tub soon (after approximately 8 - 9 weeks of daily use) at which point I'll almost certainly want to make a repurchase.


one little vice beauty blog: paraben free light moisturiser for combination skin


Overall, for those with a similar skin type to my own, I'd highly recommend Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light and I'm really glad that I gave this product a try. I'm about to incorporate Vichy's Aqualia Serum into my routine and I'm hoping that using these two products in conjunction with one another will provide even more notable results. If you'd like to try this moisturiser - or just find out some more information about it - then you can find it on Escentual for £18.00.

Share:

2 comments

  1. this product is very good..i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try this once my current one runs out as I love the serum and much prefer lighter formulas to richer ones as they skin in much better :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig