UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 10, 2015

Japonesque Makeup Haul

one little vice beauty blog: new beauty products


Japonesque's makeup is not talked about enough in the online beauty community. It's very rare that I ever see their products on blogs or in YouTube videos, and yet their range is really lovely. John Lewis stocks Japonesque makeup and they very recently put a large number of products on clearance, so I took the opportunity to snap up two new products at half their retail price. I chose the Velvet Touch Concealer and an Eyeshadow Duo, both of which I'd tried out before during a Japonesque counter makeover at John Lewis Kingston.



one little vice beauty blog: japonesque makeup haul


In the photo above this concealer looks like it might be a little dark, but actually it's a perfect match for my fair skin. What I really like about it is the coverage that it offers, it does a really good job of masking my undereye circles without looking too heavy and it also works a treat on blemishes too. The formula is thicker than my Nars Creamy Concealer but a small amount of the Japonesque Concealer goes a long way and I find it slightly less noticeable on my skin (I think this is because it's a better colour match for me). The semi-matte formula of this concealer makes it a really nice choice for the summertime as it offers the medium buidlable coverage that I want in a longlasting formula. 

one little vice beauty blog: japonesque makeup haul



The first time I tried them I was really impressed with Japonesque's eyeshadows, but I actually bought this eyeshadow duo so that I could use the matte taupe shade to fill in my eyebrows. I love the effect it gives because although it looks like an incredibly light shade it actually gives the impression of a natural looking shadow and leaves my brows looking fuller but not filled-in. The blue shade is an interesting addition to my collection and I think it will work really well as a subtle coloured eyeliner. I'm really happy that I picked up this little palette, I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it!

one little vice beauty blog: japonesque velvet touch concealer and eyeshadow duo


Have you tried anything from Japonesque before?
Or have you picked up any new makeup recently?

Share:

5 comments

  1. The concealer looks amazing! I love when they come in little pots. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever tried one Japonesque product which was a blush brush I bought many years ago. It was so soft!! I think I lost it which is a shame. I didn't actually know they make cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely haul!
    ovely makeup proucts.
    Wish you a fab sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Japonesque products but they looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never try something from that brand.nice haul!!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig