UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 16, 2015

Nars The Ultimate Lip Pencil Trio

one little vice beauty blog: nars velvet matte and satin lip pencil review
one little vice beauty blog: nars lip pencil trio palette


I wanted this Nars Lip Pencil Trio the moment I new about it's existence, and I probably spent far too long stalking the Selfridges website waiting for it to be released! You might have already read my Birthday Beauty Additions post, well think of this as an add-on to that. I wouldn't usually splash out nearly £30 in one go on lip products but as this palette was released on my birthday I just couldn't help myself!


one little vice beauty blog: nars velvet matte and satin lip pencils


Nars released two limited edition Lip Trios - one contained three brighter shades and the other contained three neutrals/pinks. I chose the latter which is called Nars The Ultimate Lip Pencil Trio and contains two satin lip pencils, Biscayne Park and Stourhead (LE), as well as a matte lip pencil, Sex Machine. It was the matte shade that encouraged me to purchase the trio - I've wanted to own Sex Machine for the longest time, it's a very pretty and wearable shade! My rationale for purchasing the trio was that they cost £19.00 each, so for £10 extra I got two other shades to play with. This - along with the gorgeous keepsake box - was enough to get it into my shopping basket.


one little vice beauty blog: barbie pink satin lipstick from nars


Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Sourhead | Limited Edition

This first shade probably discouraged a whole host of people from buying the palette. Stourhead is a bold blue-based shade that screams "Barbie", it's way out of my comfort zone but with a bit of blending and topped with lipgloss I actually quite like the way that it looks. I don't have anything like Stourhead in my beauty collection and it's refreshing to have something truly new and different to play with. The formula of this Nars' Satin Lip Pencil is also really nice. It applies smoothly and evenly, offering an opaque and glossy dose of colour that wears really nicely. I didn't know what to expect but these still seriously impressed me!






I first read about Biscayne Park on Ghostparties' blog - she made this peachy-nude shade look effortlessly wearable, and I think that it's just as lovely as she does! The shade is very flattering with most makeup looks and the formula makes it a doddle to apply and comfortable to wear. I found that I had to reapply it throughout the day (mainly after eating or drinking) but it was very easy to do so. I don't think that I would ever have picked Bicayne Park up at a Nars counter, it just doesn't look "special" enough. However, once applied to my lips I can see how versatile and wearable it is and this leaves me feeling really happy that it's now in my makeup collection.


one little vice beauty blog: nars the ultimate lip pencil trio



Sex Machine is a gorgeous matte rosy mauve with just a hint of micro shimmer, it leaves my lips looking fuller and more even. I spotted this in Space NK yonks ago but I just couldn't quite bring myself to pay full-price for it. Buying it as part of the lip trio helped justify the cost, plus I really love the box that it came in! I am really happy that I finally have this lip pencil in my collection, the matte formula is beautifully creamy and really easy to apply. It is a little bit drying (as I'd expected it would be) but I've found that it's nowhere near as drying as some reviews have made it out to be. All in all, this is a very welcome addition to my beauty collection and I can see myself reaching for this all year round.


Overall, I'm really happy with this particular beauty purchase. Although the Ultimate Lip Pencil Trio is a limited edition set, you can still find the shades Sex Machine and Biscayne Park at Nars counters. I really like both the Satin and Velvet Matte finishes and would definitely consider purchasing more shades in the future - I'll definitely be considering picking up more of an autumn/winter shade when September rolls around.


Share:

6 comments

  1. nice palette..i like this lipsticks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. For £30 I think you grabbed yourself a really good bargain there! I think biscayne park is my favourite out of the three and I might try and pick this up on it's own but sex machine is also beautiful so I might even just buy the set ha!

    www.thebeautybaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only works out at around £10 per lip product which isn't bad at all. I love the packaging too. I'd of love to have seen swatches x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted Sex Machine for the longest time but didn't pick it up yet because of the price. Hopefully these LE's will launch in France soon! I really want to get this trio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pictures and post!
    love the Nar brand
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig