UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 12, 2015

Birthday Beauty Additions

one little vice beauty blog: high end luxury makeup haul


I love birthdays. To me, everything about birthdays is fun and exciting - and it's a really good excuse to spend some quality time with my family. On July 3rd I turned twenty-three and I had such a lovely day! My friends and family really treated me, and this included recieving some tremendously exciting beauty bits which I wasn't at all expectin. Today I just wanted to talk you through my new additions, but I thought I'd quickly mention the standard birthday disclaimer - obviously I'm not trying to show off, I love seeing what other people receive as gifts and I'm happy to talk about what I'm given. If it wasn't in today's blog post it would be in a make-up look on my instagram or a review on my blog. So let's get stuck in shall we, because I hate to ramble as much as you hate to read my ramblings!


one little vice beauty blog: mac birthday haul


Mac Paint Pot in Painterly

I've wanted to try one of Mac's Paint Pots for years, I've just always found it too hard to choose between the different shades! Painterly is a really lovely neutral base colour and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. It's one of those products that's quite hard to bring yourself to purchase - because it just doesn't look that exciting - but I can already tell that I'm going to love using it!


one little vice beauty blog: natural green organic makeup birthday haul


RMS Lip 2 Cheek in Smile
& RMS Lip Shine in Honest 

I bought RMS's Living Luminizer and Buriti Bronzer last November and they've been staples in my daily routine every since. I've wanted to try more from RMS for a long time but I found that - although they're well worth the money - the prices did put me off. I'm really, really grateful to my brother for picking these two for me, he couldn't have chosen better shades! I've read a lot of reviews of both the Lip2Cheeks and the Lip Shines and I can't wait to try them out for myself.


one little vice beauty blog: luxury high end beauty haul

By Terry Cellularose Blush Glacé in Rose Melba

I spent half an hour killing time in the Space N.K. stand in Harvey Nicholls and it was then and there that I completely and utterly fell in love with ByTerry's Ceullularose Blushes. They have a unique gel consistency that I haven't encountered before, and when they're swatched against your skin they have this stunning glowing quality that's unlike anything I've ever seen. I'm so so happy to have recieved the shade Rose Melba as a gift, it's such a pretty and wearable rosy pink. I really can't wait to try this out!

one little vice beauty blog: luxury high end makeup haul


Becca Beach Tint Summer Soufflé in Fig/Opal

This is another product that I first spotted in Space N.K. and it's texture and finish hypnotized me. These Summer Soufflés have a very light mousse texture and offer a sheer wash of colour with a beautiful irridescence - they look like the ultimate summer blush and highlighter combination. I love the look of the shade Fig/Opal, it sort of reminds me of Nars' iconic blush shade, Orgasm.


one little vice beauty blog; birthday makeup haul

Maybelline Color Tattoos in On and On Bronze and Chocolate Suede
& Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Minimalist

These final little additions might not seem as glamourous as the other products but they're some of my absolute favourites from the "drugstore". I've talked before about Maybelline's Color Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection, and this other neutral shade is a very welcome addition to my collection. I'm also really happy to have two new Color Tattoos to play with! I'm almost all the way through On and On Bronze so I'm glad I have a replacement, whilst Chocolate Suede is another lovely neutral addition to my eyeshadow family.


I hope you enjoyed having a sneak peek at my new beauty additions. I'd love to know if you've tried any of these products, or what makeup items are on your beauty wishlist - please do let me know in a comment below!

Share:

6 comments

  1. I love Color Tattoos but I don't have either of those shades, and they look gorgeous so I'm adding them to my list of things to buy! The Becca Summer Souffle looks really interesting too. Hope you had a lovely birthday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so good! And that By Terry blush? Swoon.

    Molly - Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color tattoos, I have both shades and I love them! I've been meaning to try the Becca beach tints, that shade is gorgeous!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Becca Beach Tints look so pretty! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I can't wait for all of your reviews x

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. becca is one amazing makeup brand

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig