UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 06, 2015

Paul and Joe's Midnight Sangria Summer 2015 Collection

one little vice beauty blog: summer makeup
Paul and Joe have recently released their Midnight Sangria Summer 2015 makeup collection and were kind enough to gift me some of the products, and to introduce me to their makeup range more generally. Like many people, I'd spotted Paul and Joe's beauty line on websites like ASOS but I hadn't actually tried any of their products. The Midnight Sangria Collection is small - just three products in a range of different shades - but it serves as a good introduction to the brand. I was given one of the lipglosses in the shade Midnight Sangria* and one of the nail polishes in the shade Creme de Cacao*.


one little vice beauty blog: Paul and Joe's Midnight Sangria Summer 2015 Collection



I've got mixed feelings about this lipgloss; on the one hand I think that the colour is beautiful but I was a little bit disappointed by the packaging (which I'd assumed I would love) and the consistency. Midnight Sangria is wine-red tinted gloss with a healthy dose of very fine coral shimmer running through it, and a smaller section of the gloss is in a lighter peach shade. It's a very thoughtful combination as sheer red shade naturally enhances the appearance of your lips and if you dot a small amount of the lighter shade in the centre of your lips then it further exaggerates their size and fullness. However, although the colour is gorgeous it's feels quite sticky. This helps to increase the wear of the lipgloss but it makes it really unpleasant to appy or reapply using your fingers. This means that this gloss just isn't very travel friendly (as I'd definitely want to apply it with a brush) and you'd probably have to whip your hair up to avoid it sticking to your lips. All in all, I'm not overly excited by it but the shade range does suggest that Paul and Joe has a very good eye for summer colours!


one little vice beauty blog: Paul and Joe's Midnight Sangria Summer 2015 Collection



In contrast to the lipgloss, my feelings about Creme de Cacao are only positive. I love the packaging, I love the colour and I really like the consistency. I'd describe this as a dark nude, or a light tan brown - it's a little bit dark for my fair skin at the moment but I think on darker skintones, or for anyone with a sunkissed glow, then it will look really beautiful. I've found that it wears pretty well - so much better than my new Nails Inc Gel Nail Polish which wore abysmally! Overall, I really like this polish and I think the Midnight Sangria shade range is really lovely - the lime green shade is calling my name!


Have you triend any of Paul and Joe's makeup before?
What summer beauty collections are you lusting after?

Share:

3 comments

  1. I love the shade od the nailpolish!
    Thank you for this nice review,looks like a great colection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Paul and joe products are always just so darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig