UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 17, 2015

Are Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara and Gimme Brow Gel Worth the Hype?

one little vice beauty blog: benefit hero products worth the hype


Not so long ago I went along to Benefit's store on Carnaby Street to have my eyebrows done. I'd never had my eyebrows waxed before so I was a little bit sceptical, but not only did I love the result but I also had the opportunity to try out Benefit's Gimme Brow Brow Gel for the first time. I've been using brow gels for years - namely one from Catrice, which has been my favourite for ages - but Benefit's Gimme Brow was just so easy to use and the colour match was so good, it got me hankering to give it a proper try! Benefit were kind enough to gift me two of their new "hero" products (the ones that everyone has been raving out) to try out at home. That's exactly what I've been doing and today I thought that I'd talk about Gimme Brow and Roller Lash - sharing my thoughts about whether or not I think they're worth the hype they get, and if they're worth the money.


one little vice beauty blog: benefit brow gel worth the hype


Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium* | rrp £18.50

First of all, if you've ever seen Gimme Brow in a YouTube video then you'll already know that the tube is teeny tiny and it has a dinky brush to match. But even after seeing it in countless videos I still had a bit of an "awwww" moment when I saw it in person for the first time. It's really small and I find this adorable. The brush is so much better than L'Oreal's Brow Gel Brush (which I'd always imagined to be a comparable dupe - it isn't) and the colour of the Light/Medium shade is between most other brand's blonde and brown shades. This is great for me as I fall in between these two shades, L'Oreal's Eyebrow Gel leaves my brows looking so dark and MUA's Blonde Eyebrow Gel leaves me looking downright weird. Benefit's Gimme Brow in Light/Medium is the perfect middle ground, with a wonderful applicator. I do think that it's a little bit on the pricier side, and maybe £14-15.00 would feel just that bit better price-wise, but I do think that Benefit's Gimme Brow is worth investing in. I do not fill in my eyebrows everyday, and for years I've been relying on eyebrow gels. Not only does Benefit's Gimme Brow offer a better colour match and easier application but it also contains fibres which help to thicken the appearance of my eyebrows. It feels like cheating, it really does - Gimme Brow just makes the eyebrow portion of my makeup routine super easy. I would recommend it and I can definitely see myself repurchasing it over all the other eyebrow gels that I've previously tried, it's worth the hype!


one little vice beauty blog: is roller lash worth the price
one little vice beauty blog: is benefit roller lash worth the hype


I was so sceptical of the hype surrounding this mascara after it first came out but I'm going to finally come out and say it - it's a lovely mascara! From the very first application I could see a massive difference between Benefit's Roller Lash and the mascaras I was previously using. I don't think that Roller Lash lives up to all of its claims but it definitely leaves my eyes looking wider and my lashes looking longer and more curled. The biggest change that it's made to my beauty routine is that it's made me fall back in love with mascara on my lower lashes. No mascara has ever left my lower lashes looking so long and beautiful - it transforms the appearance of my eye area, leaving my eyes lookinglarger and more awake. I can apply Roller Lash at 9am and at 7pm it's hasn't moved or smudged and looks just as good as when I first applied it - and at midnight it's still looking almost completely perfect. Although £19.50 might seem pricey for a mascara, I think that Roller Lash's eye-opening effect and reliability makes it well worth the price. The magic element is the brush, it might look plastic and stubby but reassured that it will lengthen and volumise all at once - plus it will catch all those tiny eyelashes that are so easily missed. I'm super impressed, and Roller Lash has made it's way into my everyday beauty routine.


So this has been a Benefit success story and it took me by surprise! I really did expect both of these items to have just been massively over hyped, but actually they're both really good. I love how they leave my makeup looking and they're both incredibly reliable. I think it's the reliability that's worth paying for as it takes the hassle and wasted time out of your day. It's been a while since I really tried new Benefit products (I usually just repurchase old favourites) but I'm keen to try more from the brand, if you have any product recommendations then I'd love to read them in the comments.

Share:

9 comments

  1. I've not tried either of these products. I had always thought the price of Roller Lash was a little too much, but have read some really glowing reviews lately (including this one of course!) that is kind of making me want to try it :)

    Gimme Brow sounds great. I have the L'Oreal version and although the colour is good for me, I am kind of underwhelmed by the claims it has fibres in, as it doesn't seem to do anything for me! I think I will head out to my Benefit counter today hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like the Gimme Brow, especially how the light/medium isn't too warm in the undertones and is more ashy! It's def a makeup bag staple for me. It was one of those products that I had small expectations of and totally wowed me [=

    ♡Em | www.haulanddupes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love Roller Lash - I think I had a bit of a 'hype aversion' to it when I first tried the sample but I got it on a whim in Duty Free recently I'm in love... I'm yet to try Gimme Brow though xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently testing Roller Lash out now - I do love it but not sure if it's worth all the hype. Maybe it'll grow on me?

    sweetpeas-and-shoes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reviews! I haven't tried Gimme Brow but I would like to - I haven't yet found the perfect eyebrow gel xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for this lovely review!
    Nice to see and know your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a good mascara hopefully Benefit's Roller Lash will work as well on me as it did you.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig