UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 14, 2015

The Best Natural and Cruelty Free Makeup That I've Tried So Far

one little vice beauty blog: Ilia RMS Beauty Green People Living Nature recommendations


I began to take a real interest in natural and cruelty-free makeup last October and since then I've been really lucky and have had the opportunity to try quite a few products from a handful of different natural and cruelty-free beauty brands. Not everything has floated my boat but I have found a considerable number of beauty goodies that I really love. Today I've gathered together my favourite natural and cruelty-free products in the hopes of giving you all some makeup inspiration. I've had my eyes opened by the brands I'm going to be talking about in today's post - I've realised that choosing natural and cruelty-free makeup doesn't mean compromising on quality. Many of the products I'm going to be talking about aren't just "natural beauty" favourites, they're all-time beauty favourites too and I'd repurchase them based on merit alone. If you're looking to change up your beauty routine then I think these products are all great places to start.




RMS Living Luminizer and Buriti Bronzer | rrp £30.00 & £25.00

These two products from RMS Beauty are probably my favourites out of everything I'm going to mention today. Not only are they packed full of skin loving ingredients but they're also organic and come housed in really simple branded glass pots. I love everything about these two products; they're incredibly easy to apply, they look fabulous on my skin and they're always proudly on display at the top of my makeup drawers. The price makes them investment products but when I first bought them I honestly didn't use any other bronzer or highlighters for six months, I didn't want or need to. If I wasn't obsessed with trying new products to share on my blog then I think I'd have found my staple highlighter and bronzing products. I really do highly recommend both of these and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I'll be repurchasing them in the future. I bought mine online from Naturismo, but they're also available from Love Lula where there are often 10%-15% discount codes available. 





I try and avoid using makeup products containing talc and this can make it difficult to find good powder products. Green People's Blushes are really great quality and the peach shade that I own is incredibly flattering on fair/light rosy skin (I find that orange tones help to reduce the appearance of redness in my cheeks). I'm also a big fan of Green People's Volumising Mascara as I think that the brush is a thing of beauty - it just effortlessly catches every lash making application so quick and easy. The colour is also very deep but I never find that the product irritates my eyes, which does happen with some non-natural mascaras. I prefer the blush to the mascara but I do think the mascara is a good one and I'm very glad to have tried it out. You can find these two products online on Green People's website.





If multi-purpose products are your thing then I'm sure you'll appreciate Inika's Creme Colour. It has a really nice sheer creamy texture that makes it perfect for use on both the lips and cheeks. I like using it both ways but I do think it has better longevity when used on your cheeks. For me personally, I've found Inika's products seriously hit-and-miss but mainly because of the shades rather than the formulas. Although I'd highly recommend their makeup I do think it's a good idea to try and swatch them in person before purchasing, just to avoid disappointment! You can find a large range of Inika's products online from MyPure.





 rrp £5.99, £6.99 & £8.99

If you're after easy to wear lip products (at a slightly lower price point than the rest of my recommendations) then Burt's Bees are a great brand to consider. My favourite product from their range is the Tinted Lip Balm, specifically in the shade Hibiscus. These lip balms are glossy, hydrating and offer just enough colour to leave your complexion looking fresher and livelier. If you're after a natural and cruelty free lipgloss then the Lip Shines are really great - they offer incredible shine that's unrivalled by the majority of the glosses in my collection. If you're such a fan of glossy lips or want something that packs more of a punch colour-wise then Burt's Bees Lip Crayons are the way to go. They offer semi-matte opaque colour that's really easy to apply and pretty long-lasting too, I'm pretty convinced of their merits and would definitely recommend them. You can find them online at Naturisimo and Burt's Bees.




Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners* | rrp £22.00

I only own one of Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditioners in a limited edition shade called "These Days" - a very pretty bronze toned nude that really compliments tanned fair skin or deeper skin tones. I actually won this lipstick in a twitter giveaway and instantly fell in love with it's thick, creamy and hydrating consistency. It doesn't last for terribly long on my lips but I really love how it looks when applied and how it wears. My only gripe is that Ilia's makeup seems to be quite expensive, nowhere near as good value for money as RMS Beauty. This means that although I love this Tinted Lip Conditioner I've definitely prioritised other brands based on affordability. If you'd like to try Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditioners for yourself then you can find them online at Content and Blow Ltd.





Living Nature's Organic Lipsticks have a really nice consistency, they're quite light but still feel creamy and moisturising on the lips. I find that they apply opaquely but they're easy to sheer out if you prefer a slightly lighter finish. I own two shades, Summer Rain and Precious, and both are really nicely considered shades that would suit a range of skin tones. I'm a particularly big fan of Living Nature's rubberized lipstick bullets - they're reminiscent of Nars' packaging and I just find the whole vibe very chic. I think that I prefer the consistency of Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditioners, but Living Nature's Lipsticks feel just as hydrating and they definitely last longer so there are benefits to using both. You can find Living Nature's Organic Lipsticks online at MyPure (where they're often on offer for £16.97).





Compared to many of the other natural products that I own Lippie Girl's Vegan Lipsticks are pretty affordable, but you can be reassured that their formula and colour range won't disppoint. I own three shades, Rosie Posie, Son of a Brick and Coral Me Maybe, and all of them are really pretty and easy to wear. The formula is thinner and lighter than the Living Nature Lipsticks and Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners, but not as hydrating. I think that if you like to play around with colours then Lippy Girls range is a really good one, and with the occasional discount and special offer you can sometimes get them at even more affordable prices. You can browse Lippy Girl's Lipsticks online at MyPure (where they're often on offer for around £10.00) and Botanical Brands


Do you wear many natural makeup products?
I'd love to hear some of your recommendations about which brands or products I should try next.

Share:

7 comments

  1. how many products..i like these lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks. As you know I love my natural beauty but I really wish there were more affordable options available.

    BTW have you had a site redesign? It's looking great anyway x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cruelty free products. Would like to try the mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my skincare is natural but a lot of my makeup isn't. You know I love Green People overall and love the Rose blush. I also like Jane Iredale makeup, although it is on the expensive side xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite natural & cruelty-free make up brand is 100% Pure. Check 'em out. They offer a lot of adorable products with real quality! :D

    I'm always curious about ILIA. They seems tempting.

    citraramya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice products.I can't find those in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have shared a very good list of beauty products. I like some of them, Living Nature's Organic Lipsticks has a secure spot in my beauty kit. I love to use natural beauty care products only as they have been very effective in improving the beauty of my skin and have no negative effect.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig