UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 20, 2015

Cocoa Brown's One Hour Instant Tan & Tough Stuff Body Scrub


one little vice beauty blog: affordable summer tanning products



The summer sun has been scorching, and for the most part I've tried to avoid it! But that doesn't mean I haven't been faking a golden glow. I've been really enjoying He Shi's Overnight Ageless Tanning Balm* when it comes to facial tanning, and on my body I've been experimenting with something that gives a little bit more of an impact. Cocoa Brown very kindly offered to send me some of their tanning range, and after hearing rave reviews I was inclined to accept. I've been trying out two products, the Tough Scrub Body Scrub* and the One Hour Instant Tan*, for about a month now and I'm ready to share my thoughts on them both.


one little vice beauty blog: effective affordable pre tan exfoliater


Truth be told, I didn't have very high hopes for this body scrub but I have been so, so impressed with Cocoa Brown's Tough Stuff. It's a serious exfoliater, none of this wet-blanket doesn't-do-anything nonsense - you buff it in and you're left with beautifully soft and smooth skin. It's the perfect for pre-tan prep, and because it's so effective it's also really good at removing the stubborn dregs of last week's tan so that you can start over with a clean and even base. Personally, I'm not super "into" tanning year-round but I do regularly exfoliate. For a long time I've loved & Other Stories' body scrubs but I think that Cocoa Brown's Tough Stuff is a fantastic contender for my new favourite affordable body scrub. Tough Stuff ticks all the right boxes and I'd repurchase it in a heart beat.


one little vice beauty blog: affordable effecting self tanning products

Cocoa Brown One Hour Instant Tan* | rrp £7.99

Cocoa Brown's One Hour Instant Tan has been made internationally famous by Kylie Jenner. After posting an Instagram picture featuring the tan it then proceeded to sell-out in the USA. I have to admit, despite not being a die-hard Kardashian/Jenner fan, if a woman who has access to all of the luxury tanning products eschews them in favour of an affordable product then that says something. And you know what, I was pretty impressed myself with Cocoa Brown's One Hour Instant Tan. Even for a fake tan newbie it was really easy to apply and left my skin looking enviably golden. The mousse formula sinks into your skin quickly which means that you can get up and go as soon as you've finished applying. For perfect application practice definitely makes perfect, but so long as you use a tanning mitt then I don't think you'll be disappointed with the application. I found that it lasted well (about four days before I noticed visible fading) and it faded evenly. I'd happily recommend Cocoa Brown's One Hour Instant Tan, but don't expect miracles - expect a very good affordable tanning mousse.


Have you tried either of these Cocoa Brown products?
Do you fake tan during the summer?

Share:

1 comment

  1. I'm almost done with my first bottle of the tanner, and I think I'll definitely repurchase. I haven't gotten any streaks during usage yet, and it doesn't look patchy when it starts wearing off later in the week either. [=
    ♡Em | www.haulanddupes.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig