UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 05, 2015

Foreo Luna: My First Impressions of 21st Century Cleansing

one little vice beauty blog: modern cleansing brushes

The Foreo Luna* is my first introduction to the world of cleansing brushes, and my oh my what an introduction it has been! Stood beside my bathroom sink and standing in at about the size of my hand, the Foreo Luna is a convenient size to use and transport and I'm immediately impressed with it's simple and sleek design. But on first glance, the Foreo Luna really doesn't really look like a cleansing brush - and it doesn't really act like you might expect either. Gone are the rotating brush heads that always made me fear for the safety of my sensitive skin, instead they're replaced by a series of vibrating silicone touch points that work to deeply but gently cleanse your skin.


one little vice beauty blog: high tech skincare brushes


The Foreo Luna arrives safely packaged with everything you need to use it - including an easy to use USB charging cord. Once charged, the Foreo Luna can be used up to 450 times before it will need to be recharged (which I find incredible!) and due to clever design the device is completely waterproof. However, if you're worried about the potential for malfunction then you might find it's 2 year warranty reassuring.

To correctly use the Foreo Luna you cleanse your face of makeup and then when you want to second cleanse your skin you massage different areas of your face (chin, cheeks, nose and forehead) for 15 seconds apiece. You're advised to use the Foreo Luna twice a day for 2 minutes at a time, and the device automatically switches off after 3 minutes to prevent you from overusing it. Not only does incorporating the Foreo Luna into your routine help with cleansing but the vibrations are also supposed to be really good for stimulating your circulation and improving your skin's radiance. I've only used it a couple of times so far so I can't comment on it's long term effectiveness, but my first impressions are only positive.


one little vice beauty blog: Foreo Luna Review

So here's an overview of my first impressions of the Foreo Luna:

It looks and feels high quality
It's easy to learn how to use
It charges quickly and has incredibly battery life
It's lightweight and has a functiontional design
It's waterproof, but also has a warranty in case I break it within the first two years
I like how it looks by my bathroom sink
I find it painless to use and it doesn't irritate my skin


In approximately one month I'm going to be checking back in with an in-depth review of how effective I've found the Foreo Luna*, so excuse me whilst I go and take some unflattering "before" photos of my skin! Have you tried anything like this before? Do you think it will help cleanse my skin better?

Share:

5 comments

  1. I have seen these around so much but I've never been sure how they work exactly. I'm looking forward to seeing your after results! I'm definitely intrigued.

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved to have one. All the reviews I read are positive, including your.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice!
    Thank you for this lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loos realy nice!
    Thank you for this lovey review!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig