UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 26, 2014

A Lipstick Overview

Beauty Blogger Lipstick Reviews

Over the two months or so, across my Blog, Twitter and Instagram accounts, I've featured a fair few lipsticks, but there have been seven main culprits. I thought that today I'd do a round-up of all these lipsticks as I thought that this would be a good way for me to help put them all into a larger context, helping you to identify which one(s) might be right for you.

Living Nature's Lipstick in Summer Rain*, Ilia's Lip Conditioner in These Days, Honeybee Gardens Lipstick in Superstitious*, Glo & Ray's Lipstick in Fallin'*, Yves Rocher's Moisturising Cream Lipstick in Rose Alba* and Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford Street Fuchsia*.
left to right: Living Nature's Lipstick in Summer Rain*, Ilia's Lip Conditioner in These Days, Honeybee Gardens Lipstick in Superstitious*, Glo & Ray's Lipstick in Fallin'*, Yves Rocher's Moisturising Cream Lipstick in Rose Alba* and Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford Street Fuchsia*.

Best Natural Lipstick Formula & My Favourite Winter "Berry" Lipstick
The two lipsticks in these categories are Ilia's Lip Conditioner in These Days* and Living Nature's Lipstick in Summer Rain*. I definitely think that Ilia's Lip Conditioner has the best formula of any natural lipstick that I've tried so far - it's similar to Living Nature's in that they're both creamy and moisturising, but Ilia's Lip Conditioner lasts better on my lips and feels more comfortable to wear. However, I do absolutely love the colour of Summer Rain, it's just gorgeous and I'd definitely recommend it.

My Least Favourite New Discovery 
Sadly, I really didn't like for formula of my new Honeybee Gardens Lipstick in Superstitious*. It was patchy and difficult to wear, with the colour applying unevenly and fading irregularly. The colour was really gorgeous though and inspired me to look for something similar in a better formula! I think I've found something which I'll be sharing soon.

The Best Lipstick Formula of the Bunch
If you're looking for something easy to wear, something that feels lightweight on your lips but gives opaque colour that lasts well, then you need to take a look at Glo & Ray's Lipsticks*. I was very kindly sent the shade Fallin' and although it isn't my perfect colour, I do really like the formula. It isn't as long-lasting as matte lip products, but out of all my new finds it's the easiest and most comfortable lipstick to throw on as I can really trust it to wear well and stay looking good throughout the day.

Out of My Comfort Zone - but worth considering!
This month I tried too very "different" lipsticks - Wild About Beauty's Lipstick in Cherrie* and Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford Street Fuchsia*. Cherrie is and incredibly glossy, high impact, bold, bright, show-stopping red - a gorgeous find for red lipstick lovers and a perfect party makeup piece. It is, however, a formula that would work best for more natural shades and although I love the colour it definitely isn't for the faint hearted! Oxford Street Fuchsia is similarly out of my comfort zone as it's a very blue-toned pink, almost Barbie-pink, which I don't think suits me. However, I  do like the creamy formula and I'd definitely purchase other shades in the line. But, overall, I would repurchase Wild About Beauty's lipstick formula over Rimmel's.

Pretty but not Perfect
I've really enjoyed wearing Yves Rocher's Moisturising Cream Lipstick in Rose Alba*, it's a very easy to wear pink in a sheer-to-medium coverage formula, giving either a wash of colour of a full-on lip depending on how much you apply. It isn't super creamy and I don't think it should really be called a "moisturising" lipstick, but it isn't drying either. However, if you are specifically looking for something hydrating then I'd recommend Living Nature and Ilia's lipsticks which are actually very nourishing on the lips!

Living Nature's Lipstick in Summer Rain*, Ilia's Lip Conditioner in These Days, Honeybee Gardens Lipstick in Superstitious*, Glo & Ray's Lipstick in Fallin'*, Yves Rocher's Moisturising Cream Lipstick in Rose Alba* and Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford Street Fuchsia*.

What lipstick(s) have you been wearing this month?


Share:

2 comments

  1. They look so pretty on, you have some great shades :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Honeybee colour is drop dead gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig