UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 20, 2014

A Sneak Peek into Wild About Beauty's Party Collection

One Little Vice UK Beauty Blog: Wild About Beauty Party Makeup Reviews
One Little Vice UK Beauty Blog: Wild About Beauty Makeup Reviews

I was first introduced to Wild About Beauty by my October YouBeauty Box, in which I received one of their powder eyeshadows in the shade Eva. I've used that eyeshadow so much over the last couple of months (reaching for it over others because it's easy to blend and it's very long lasting) and I've become more and more interested in Wild About Beauty's extensive botanical beauty line which is full of easy to wear everyday shades as well as some more vibrant 'pops' of colour that I love incorporating into my evening makeup looks. I was very kindly sent three products from Wild About Beauty's Party Collection, which is full of products that are just perfect to wear to upcoming Christmas and New Year parties.

One Little Vice UK Beauty Blog: Wild About Beauty Party Makeup

available online for £21.00*
For anyone like myself whose skin is sensitive to talc, this Mattifying Balm is a wonderful alternative to traditional mattifying powders. I have combination skin and my t-zone can get really oily, and if I want my makeup to last then mattifying products are a must-have in my make-up bag. Wild About Beauty's Mattifying Balm is really easy to use; it comes with a flat, round sponge (that you could easily wash and/or replace when you felt it was getting unhygienic) which you press into the balm and then press onto the areas of your face that you would like to mattify. I typically apply it from my forehead, down my nose and across my chin and whilst it doesn't leave me looking as matte as when I reach for a powder it works really well at keeping my face from looking overly shiny. I think this is a great product to reach for if you want to look good in Christmas party photos as it will help you look glowing rather than greasy! Another real benefit of using this balm over a powder is that I feel more comfortable using this on-the-go as, unlike with a pressed powder, there's no risk of it shattering and, unlike a loose powder, there's no risk of it opening and making a mess in my bag. This makes touching up really easy, which is exactly what I'm looking for from this sort of product. And if you want another reason to give it a try, the you should know that it was actually shortlisted as a finalist in the 2013 CEW (UK) Beauty Awards in the 'Best New Makeup Product - Face' category. 

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Wild About Beauty Lipstick Cherrie Nutrilips Balm Hannah

available online for £14.00*, pictured in the image above on the left
This is a good'un, a sheer wash of hydrating colour that's enough to perk up your complexion but that's so hassle-free that you don't even need a mirror. I love it, and Hannah is just the perfect colour too. It's a very wearable deep pink/light berry with a glossy finish - and it's completely petroleum free. It's much thinner in consistency than similar products that I've tried (such as the RMS Lip Shines and the Lanolips Lip Ointments with Colour). This means that it doesn't intensely hydrate lips but I find that it is much easier to apply on-the-go which makes it perfect to pop in your handbag for touch-ups. It looks great worn alone (as pictured above on the left) but it also works well applied over lipsticks. The Nutrilips Balm is my favourite product out of the three I was sent and I've been wearing it a lot. If you also like the look of Hannah then scroll down to the bottom of this post for an exciting offer!

available online for £15.00*, pictured in the image above on the right
Cherrie is a bright, bright, red lipstick with just the tiniest touch of orange. It has a sheer but buildable formula that feels light on the lips and is easy to wear very lightly or as a vivid full-on red lip. It's a standout colour that will make people do a double-take and whenever I've worn it out of the house I've felt full of a confidence that only red lipstick gives me. My personal preference is for long-lasting, matte red shades as they're usually less effort to maintain. However, I've really enjoyed the boldness of Cherrie and the formula wasn't as tricky to wear as I thought it might be. I much preferred it to my Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Revlon Red, which is equally bold but I find it far too "slippy" to wear out of the house! Unlike that lipstick, Cherrie doesn't end up on my teeth every other minute and it didn't bleed beyond my lip line. For £15.00*, I think that it has a very nice, hydrating formula (full of mango butter and argan oil) and I'd love to try some of the everyday pink or nude shades, such as Maddy or Eve.

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Wild About Beauty Lipstick Cherrie Review
Left to right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Revlon Red, Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 111, Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Lipstick in Cherrie*, MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Red, Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Intense Lip Pencil in Red Essential.

All in all, I've been left very impressed by these products and I'm so glad to have stumbled across Wild About Beauty's makeup range. If you're interested in the brand or in the products I've featured then Wild About Beauty are currently running an offer where you can get a free Nutrilips Balm in Hannah with any purchase from their Party Collection. With over 20 products to choose between, with everything from eyeshadows to nail polishes, there may just be something there that you'll fall in love with!

Share:

5 comments

  1. I've never tried a mattifying balm before but I'm now intrigued as it sound like a good option! The red lipstick suits you so well x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the mattifying balm x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything from this brand but it looks good x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a eyeshadow from these in a Birchbox a while back and was pretty impressed. Is this the brand Louise Redknapp is part of?

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig