UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 18, 2014

New Additions from Yves Rocher

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Yves Rocher Makeup and Perfume Reviews

Yves Rocher is one of France's best-selling beauty brands and I was introduced to their products earlier this year. I was really impressed at their expansive beauty range, which features almost every scent and shade that you might ever want! Although the brand isn't readily available in the UK in terms of shop-fronts, it does have a very impressive website teeming with special offers and free gifts with purchase. A couple of weeks ago I was very kindly sent a couple of products to try out (the Flowerparty by Night Eau de Parfum, the Lash Plumping Mascara and a Moisturising Cream Lipstick in the shade Rose Alba) and I've shared a mini-review of each product below.

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Yves Rocher Lipstick and Mascara

This is an interesting perfume, it's quite sweet but it's heavy and rich. As the name suggests, I'd definitely call this an 'evening' perfume as it's quite strong. It's sweetness comes from vanilla and bitter almond, and its muskiness probably comes from the star anise - although I don't think it smells much like liquorice at all. Overall, I really like wearing this perfume as I find that it lasts really, really well and as it's quite a strong scent a little goes a long way. The packaging also really reminds me of Marc Jacob's Daisy perfume range (which is one of my favourites) so that's also a selling point for me!

I've been quite impressed with this mascara, but I don't think that it entirely lives up to its claims. I like it because it offers quite a bit of length (which is what I tend to like) as well as some added thickness to my lashes, and it does so in an easy to wear formula that doesn't smudge throughout the day. It really is a wonderful example of a waterproof mascara as it sticks around on your lashes until you introduce a make-up remover. However, it isn't difficult to remove so you won't cause unnecessary stress to your delicate eye area. All in all, I don't think it offers that much "lash plumping" but I do love using it as an everyday, daytime mascara that gives me long-lasting length and colour without needing to be touched up throughout the day.

When I received Rose Alba it wasn't exactly love at first sight as the colour (a baby pink with a cool toned frost) is very much out of my comfort zone. However, once applied to my lips I saw first hand just how pretty it is and how easy it is to wear! Rose Alba is a lovely alternative to all the red shades that I've been reaching for, it's a delicate shade and it has a formula to match. The Moisturising Cream Lipstick formula is very light, sheer and buildable - somewhat similar to Mac's Lustre formula, although Yves Rocher's formula is slightly thinner and less creamy. The formula is definitely better suited to lighter and more 'natural' lipstick shades as you do have to retouch and reapply the lipstick regularly to maintain an noticeable, opaque colour. That being said, Rose Alba is an easy shade to reapply and this hasn't stopped me reaching for it! You can see me wearing it in the image below, along with the Lash Plumping Mascara.

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Yves Rocher Lipstick and Mascara Review

Have you tried anything from Yves Rocher before? Do you like the sound of the products featured in this post?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig