UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 31, 2014

Skincare Favourites from 2014

One Little Vice Beauty Blogger: Skincare Favorites 2014



Jason Apricot Scrubble
This has been a surprise favourite of mine! I'm not usually a fan of manual exfoliating products, or of apricot scents, but I just love how Jason's "scrubble" feels to use and I've been really impressed with the results it gives. I keep this in my shower and reach for it once a week (and then later on in the week I'll reach for a chemical exfoliant such as Elemental Herbology's Facial Glow). It isn't too harsh but is still very effective - it's a great option for those who like manual exfoliants.

Murad Essential C-Cleanser* and Green People's Gentle Cleanse and Makeup Remover (not pictured)
I've tried quite a few cleansers this year and these two have been my favourites by far. I love to use  Murad's Essential C Gel Cleanser in the mornings - I find the packaging so convenient to store and use in my shower, and its really doing a wonderful job of keeping my skin in check. However, I really, really have loved Green People's Gentle Cleanse and Makeup Remover. It's a creamy cleanser that has a very subtle rose scent, is incredibly gentle on your skin and does a wonderful job of cleansing skin without drying it out. I'd highly recommend both, but Green People's cleanser will be suitable for a much wider range of skin types.

Rosehip Oil - from Fushi and Mount Purious*
This year I've become a complete skin oil convert and rosehip oil is now an everyday staple of mine. I think that it's done wonders for my skin, helping with everything from keeping it hydrated to helping combat the redness in my cheeks and nose. I've used two brands of oil this year, Fushi's Organic Rosehip Oil which has quite a thick and heavy consistency as well as Mount Purious' Rosehip Oil* which has a thinner feel to it that I definitely prefer. If you're not already using facial oils in your skincare routine then I'd urge you to give them a try.

A-Derma Nutrialba Nourishing Cream* and Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
These have been my two favourite evening moisturising products to use after my skin oil. A-Derma's Nutrialba Nourishing Cream is a cream moisturiser that's wonderful for combination skin types as it really does a great job of rehydrating skin without overwhelming it or breaking it out. However, when my skin is particularly dry I like to reach for Origins' seriously hydrating overnight mask, which always leaves my skin looking plump and fresh. 

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask
These are my two favourite face masks of the year. I've reached for Origins' Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask whenever my skin is really blemished and blocked and it always makes a difference. However, when I want a slightly less harsh and less drying option I always reach for Antipodes' Aura Manuka Honey Mask which never fails to cleanse and refresh my skin. I absolutely love both and have repurchased them both a couple of times already. I wouldn't want to be without either of them!


What have been your skincare favourites of 2014?

Share:

18 comments

  1. The origins masks are fantastic i love the hydrating one its a god send!

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Origins Drink Up Mask is amazing! Definitely want to try some more of their range xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few reviews that you might be interested in - their make a difference range is so lovely! x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have done a skincare favourites! I've always wanted to try Origins products! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these products! I really want to give the Origins drink up mask a go x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'd love to try the exfoliating scrub from Jason! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do! x

      Delete
  6. I love the origins charcoal mask!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Green People Gentle Cleanse and Makeup Remover was in my favourites too! I was lucky enough to get those two Origins masks in my advent calendar, can't wait to try them xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices! The Jason scrub is fantastic and I love the Antipodes Mask too :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the love of Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask Angelica, we love it too! #lovethelove

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried any of these products, but I really wanna try the Origins masks!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig