UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 14, 2014

Makeup Look: The Anti Cat Eye

One Little Vice UK Beauty Blog: Makeup Idea

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a makeup look called "the soft underline" and it went down so well that I thought I'd write another, similar post sharing a makeup look that I often wear. This time, the makeup look is called "the anti-cat eye" and it's all about lining your upper and lower lines at the outer corners. I'm wearing it in the photos above and it you can also see me wearing it in the post I wrote about my Illamasqua lipsticks. For anyone like me with hooded eyelids, this is a really easy way to wear liner and it isn't too much to rock during the daytime.

OneLittleVice Beauty Blog: Makeup Look Idea

It's a really simple eye make-up look and all you need is a pencil liner and some eyeshadow to smudge over the top of it with a brush. I used Gosh's pencil eye liner in Truly Brown and lined half way around my eyes - from the middle of my eye to the outer corners on both my upper and lower lash line. I then went over this with a mixture of two shades from the Balm's Nude'tude palette - Sexy and Silly. The finished result is supposed to be a little bit messy and not too perfect. But what it does do is draw attention to the corners of your eyes, making your eyes stand out. Unlike when you use eyeliner all the way around your eyes, this eye makeup look doesn't make your eyes look smaller and you can improvise with shades to make it more dramatic or subtle depending on when you want to wear it.

Let me know if you ever wear your makeup like this or if you'll be giving it a go for the first time!


Share:

1 comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig