UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 23, 2014

Skincare Revelations

One little Vice Beauty Blog: Balance Me SKincare consultation

Just over a week ago now, I visited Oxford Street's Debenhams for a skincare assessment courtesy of Balance Me. It was my first-ever skincare assessment and I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous. I like to think that I look after my skin well; I always take off my makeup, I moisturise religiously (including using facial oils) and I do regular beauty treatments (such as face masks) to combat my long-standing problems such as congestion and recurring blemishes. However, there's always that niggling feeling that I could probably do better.

Well, Balance Me's skincare consultant was really helpful and literally showed me what my skin concerns are and outlined how I can tackle them. You can see in the image above that - as I already know - I have a congested t-zone. However, what I didn't know was that I have under-the-skin pigmentation on my forehead from sun damage. It isn't anything "severe" but it will definitely worsen over time and cause damage that would lead to dark spots and wrinkles. The solution is to wear SPF religiously, and now that I've seen the damage first-hand I'm definitely going to be taking this advice. I was recommended Balance Me's Natural Protection SPF 25* and was gifted a sample to try out - I'll share my thoughts on that in an upcoming empties post.

Another revelation was that my eye area was really dehydrated. I always thought, given that I moisturise my face and that I'm only twenty-two, that this wouldn't even be a concern of mine for a good few years. However, what I learnt was that even someone of my age can have dehydrated skin and that if I don't deal with it now then the damage will already be done when I finally start reaching for eye cream. The only real solution is to incorporate eye cream into my routine as a religious must-not-miss-this-out step. It sounds like a bore but I've been using Balance Me's Wonder Eye Cream* for the last ten days or so and it isn't so hard to remember, I'm just not looking forward to having another skincare product that I need to regularly repurchase!


All in all it was a very interesting experience for which I really want to thank Balance Me. It's important to know your skin's specific needs so you can look after it properly - I'd definitely recommend this sort of consultation if you too are interested in learning about your skin and what products you should be using. 


Share:

6 comments

  1. I also have around the eye dehydration and use a cream in the morning and an evening, so ive changed my routine slightly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had a consultation with a different brand recentely and was suprised at everything I found out because I thought I knew pretty much everything about my skin. It was a good eye opener and I am the same need to start wearing SPF & protecting my skin better x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. so interesting post..thanks for sharing
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise Balance Me was in Debenhams stores, let alone that they offered this service! I'll definitely try it next time I'm in London :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balance Me are definitely a underrated brand, and I would be petrified of a skin consultation as well!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar consultation a few years ago with Dermalogica, they're great at helping you understand your skin a little more. I didn't know Balance Me did them too! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig