UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 04, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Moringa Beautifying Oil

body moisturiser for dry skin


After rediscovering my love for body lotions last month this month I promptly used up my two go-to lotions and now I've headed back to my moisturisation roots and body oils are on the agenda. When it comes to moisturising body oils are my usual port of call - they are the cure-all when it comes to dry or lacklustre skin and I also find that they often to wonders when it comes to toning up skin (which is exactly what it is order when it comes to baring a little bit more flesh in the warmer months).

I've never tried The Body Shop Beautifying Oils before and I was surprised by the extent of scents available. With some very summery smells on the menu (think Mango, Grapefruit and Lemon) to some more year-round options (Cocoa and Olive) I went down the floral route and picked up the Moringa Beautifying Oil. It honestly smells like the definition of "floral" and I find that it is never overpowering but it does last pretty well on my skin and I get whiffs of the scent into the afternoon. Although it is advertised for 'body, face and skin' I immediately ruled out using it on my face due to the fragrance (I just knew my skin wouldn't like it) and when I tried it on my hair it caused a pretty greasy situation... But, on the skin it is pretty darn lovely. It absorbs relatively quickly (not instantly but in under five minutes) and the results were long lasting meaning that I didn't need to apply it every morning. 

It's a good product but if you buy this at its full RRP you'll be paying out £9 which to my mind is a little bit steep. I snagged this bad boy at 50% off and to my mind this is the price I would be happy to pay because it is definitely a good product (and the scent is pretty dreamy) but at £9 for 100ml I'd rather invest in something better. I do have my eye on the Satsuma scent - the Satsuma range from the Body Shop has me drooling - but Moringa is a safe bet if you're not usually into heavily scented products. You can find it in the Body Shop stores or online here.


Do you like using body oils?


Share:

10 comments

  1. To be honest, I haven't used a proper body oil for the longest time! Somehow I always end up with body butters... Maybe it's time to change that habbit, this bad boy seems perfect! :)

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nopes, not really, especially not in summers. I feel as if they would give me break outs. :s I do, however use baby oils on my body during intense winters. These are definitely more moisturizing than body lotions.


    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil bit life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so tempted to pick this up in the sale, It's a shame it's not great in your hair as I'd of loved to have mango smelling hair lol!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this in Mango and Strawberry. I bought it in the sale as well. They both smell gorgeous but I almost think it's a little too oily and doesn't sink in as well as I'd like it to. I will be sticking to Johnson's Baby Oil for moisturising, I think!

    http://iamlinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never use body oils but I've heard great things about the mango one, not a fan of floral but i do plan to check out the body shop oils eventually (on sale!)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this in strawberry and I really like it!

    BeautyInsideArt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the satsuma one as a body oil! My review is here -> http://www.gingerbeautyblog.co.uk/the-body-shop-satsuma-beautifying-oil/

    xx

    Cathy
    www.gingerbeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the body oils are so easy and quick to use, no waiting half an hour for it to sink in with these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of these body oils! Now just to decide on a scent... eep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scent of moringa :)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig