UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 13, 2013

The Body Shop Jasmine and White Frangipani Scented Candle


I know it's summer and I know candles aren't exactly summer "appropriate" (yes I did mime the quotation marks with my hands), but I like my rooms scented! Now, I know for a fact that this candle from the Body Shop isn't going to be to everyone's tastes. I had this before I moved out of my flat in Leeds and my two flatmates did not like the scent of this one bit. Me, however, I love it! It's a little bit heavy for this summer weather but whenever its even a little bit chilly, or raining, I go back to lighting this up. It's a very comforting fragrance and the candle gives off a noticeable scent even when unlit. My only complaint is that wax is left around the edge of the glass jar as the candle burns down meaning that product goes to waste. This, I presume, is result of the candle having only a single wick and it is a great shame as I don't like the idea of spending £10 on a candle for half of it to go unburnt! I'd definitely consider repurchasing this, or trying some of the other candles, based on their scent but the wasted product aspect really irks me. Sadly, I don't think these candles are worth £10 but if you can nab one in one of the Body Shop's many offers then at a lower price they'd be worth a try.


Are you still burning candles, or am I a crazy lady?


Share:

7 comments

  1. I burn my candles all year, I love my room to have a lovely scent and you can get scents that are season appropriate too x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly bought this when I was in The Body Shop the other day! I've never smelt anything like it before, I think it's really unique :) I managed to restrain myself though since I've already got 4 scented candles on the go at the moment haha!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I burn candles all year round because I love everything to smell fresh! It drives me bonkers when wax is left round the side, I just see my money being wasted! I have been wanting to try one of these for a while but the price really puts me off, I don't like to pay loads for a candle unless it's Yankee Candle :D Great post!x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't burn candles very often but I know what you mean about the wax being left around the side! 3 wicks definitely helps with that problem :)

    Ria x
    NatuRiaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good! If I have candles I will burn them all year around :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love body shop everything sounds amazing, I think there is a way you can re-use your old candes buy melting them down and putting a new wick in I'm not to sure but I'm sure its somewhere on youtube, saves wasting all the candle :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please feel free to use candle whenever you like, lol. i actually have a soy wax candle that i got from my local cheapy shop, burning right now :-)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig