UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 02, 2013

My "No Spend" Haul

freebies free haul beauty

Last Friday I celebrated my final return to London for the summer with a bit of shopping - only this time there was a twist, I wasn't allowed to spend a penny on the day. If you're as "into" make-up and beauty as I am then you'll probably already know ways to get your hands on goodies but you never know what you might be missing out on so, just for the record, here are the schemes that I took advantage of to get my hands on some new bits to try.

First up, the infamous 'Back to Mac' lipsticks- exchange six old pieces of Mac packaging (finished/unloved products) and receive a free lipstick. It is a scheme I never thought I'd get around to taking advantage of but with some very sneaky blog sale purchases I eventually found myself with enough empties to trade in for two new lipsticks. I bobbed along to the Mac counter in Selfridges on Oxford Street and chose the shades Lovelorn and Syrup, both lustre formulas which I've found are the easiest to wear and both of these are very 'everyday' shades. I've now accumulated a reasonable Mac lipstick collection so if you're keen to see photos, swatches and reviews do let me know!

The second stop on my list was Boots where I had just over £27 of points accumulated on my rewards card. After much deliberation between Stila and Benefit I finally decided to pick up Benefit's Dallas Blush. I initially wanted to pick up Hoola (their Bronzer) but I think Dallas will be a lot more flattering on pale skin and although it comes in at an expensive £22.50 I know it will be much loved. I've gotten through two of Benefit's boxed blushes before (two lots of their 10 boxed duo) and the quality is really worth it- plus they last a long, long time making them a great thing to invest in (especially for "free").

The next shop I hit up was Lush where I traded in five of their black pots (in my case they were all face mask pots but you can trade in any products that come in the black plastic packaging). What you get out of this trade-in is a choice of any of the face masks - I went for Brazened Honey, an exfoliating option that I haven't tried before. I've already slathered it on since I got it and my first impressions were pretty good! I'm yet to be disappointed by any Lush face masks.

Last up, and this was a product that made its way into my life purely by circumstance and good luck, is a Body Shop lip balm. By chance I happened to notice someone mention on twitter that you could get your hands on a voucher online (sadly it has now expired) which entitled you to a free lip balm in your choice of scent/shade. It really made me realise that I should sign up to more voucher websites because there is probably always a whole host of items that I could pick up for free if only I kept my eyes peeled!

Anyway, that concluded my "No Spend" haul. I know that in order to get these things for free that I had to spend money but it was nice to go out shopping and to come home with some really lovely products without spending a penny on the day. From now on I'm definitely going to try and take advantage of my rewards cards and voucher codes more often. 


Have you taken advantage of any good deals or reward/recycling schemes lately?



Follow me via: [Bloglovin[She Said Beauty] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

15 comments

  1. Wow you certainly did well! I love Benefit blushers and bronzers!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab haul, and even better that it's all free! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those lipbalms from the body shop and their amazing! Great haul, cant wait for your birthday haul!

    BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is so fun and what a great idea. I have a lot of "points" for a drugstore here that actually carries higher end stuff (Clinique for example) that I am very excited to have a "free" haul day with in the future. Interesting about the mac products, I have 2 concealers from them but I didn't know if they count for back to mac or not. I think it will take me a really long time to have 4 more products though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab haul and not spending a penny!!! I adore Lovelorn, it's one of my fave MAC lippies :)

    Em

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well there! I picked up the free Body Shop lip balm too :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an excellent shopping trip :) I love Benefit's Dallas :)

    Nyss x

    missnyssbeautymagpie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh great no spend haul xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is an amazing post! You did so well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing! I wish we had a points system here for stores. We have the MAC stores, but I don't have any empties to trade in yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naah, we don't have the points sistem in our country, well we do at some stores, but I never seem to gather enough points to buy the stuff I want - that kinda sucks :). Anyway, your little haul is adorable! Especially that face mask and those two lipsticks, you did good girl :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fab post! you certainly did well x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love posts like this! I have nearly £50 on my Boots card, and there's an event coming up soon where you spend £30 and get £7.50 back on your card... and I have SO many vouchers for extra points. It's safe to say I'm excited for my 'free spree' afterwards! :)

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a dream - a fab haul but no spending :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig