UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 30, 2013

July Empties


It hasn't been all that fruitful on the empties front recently. I don't know why but I'm just not finishing many products at the moment - which seems unbelievable because I have so many things which are super close to being used up. Anyway, I have seven empty products to briefly talk you through and this month is one of those rare occasions when everything that I've finished is a re-purchasable item - they're all great products and hopefully at some point I'll have each of them in my collection again.


Colgate PlaxWhitening Mouthwash  I am pretty obsessive when it comes to dental hygiene but I do love a 'multi purpose' product, so when I find I mouthwash I like that also has whitening properties then that is a win-win situation. I loved this mouthwash and am already half way through another bottle. I do think it brightens up my smile which is fantastic for such an affordable product. Available from Superdrug for £3.29 (but it is currently half price at £1.62).

Neal's Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream  I picked this up as a magazine freebie a while ago and absolutely loved using it. It smelt gorgeous, very floral and super appropriate from Spring/Summer, and the consistency was fantastic. This has an RRP of £10 which definitely puts me off repurchasing it instantly because I'm on a bit of a thrift drive at the moment, but when I feel able to I'm definitely going to go back for more! Available from Neal's Yard Remedies for £10.

Clynol Colour and Care Enrich Shampoo I received this a long, long time ago in a beauty box. I've been having a hard time with my hair lately (mainly due to stress) and have been looking for a new shampoo so have been trialing a couple. I really enjoyed this one and would definitely consider repurchasing it if I don't find anything nicer among the samples I'm testing out. It left my hair shiny, soft and didn't weigh it down - and it has a UV filter so it is great for use during the summer. A huge 1500ml bottle can be found on CheapSmells.com for £9.75.

Lush's Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask  I loved this face mask and was sad to finish it! I tend to always have a Lush face mask kicking around and this one is definitely one of my favourites. It offered a tremendous exfoliation without aggravating my skin and I feel as though it has really helped keep it balanced as usually during this time of year I struggle with oil production. I'd highly recommend this and I actually reviewed it here if you want more information. You can find this face mask in Lush for £5.95.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellaire Solution The rumours are true, this is a fantastic product and I loved using it to remove my make-up. You can read my full review here if you're interested in the details, but honestly it is really a great product and I can totally understand the hype. I'll be back for more after my spending ban ends. I bought my bottle from Escentual where it has an RRP of £4.50 (but is currently on offer for £3.60).

So...? Dry Shampoo*  I've used a small bottle of this before and I really do rate it as a dry shampoo. I think it does an excellent job. However, I really don't like small bottles of dry shampoo because I feel like I finish them so, so quickly! This particular bottle from So...?'s range is supposed to add extra body and I can attest to that. So, other than it's small size it went down a treat. If I could get my hands on a large bottle of this I'd definitely pick it up. I can't find this online anywhere but it may be in some drugstores.

L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil  Okay, so technically I haven't finished this small 250ml bottle - I actually decanted it into my empty 500ml bottle but it's standing in for that 'empty'. It took me months and months to finish 500ml of this shower oil but my oh my did I enjoy doing so. As I said, I've already got 250ml more to use up and I don't expect to finish it for a long time yet. If you haven't already you can read my review of this product here. You can find this shower oil in L'Occitane stores or online here for £17.50 for 250ml.


Given my spending ban (I've scheduled a post about my ban to go live on August 2nd) I'm hoping to get through lots more products but we'll have to see! I hope you enjoyed this month's empties and please do feel free to link me to yours if you'd like!


Did you finish any products this month?



Share:

3 comments

  1. Still interested in that Lush face mask and this seems a decent month for empties, hope august is even better!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be crazy about Bioderma- I really need to buy a bottle!
    My used up product is my amazing Wella heat protector, best one I've ever used!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of that Lush face mask, will be trying that one out next! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig