UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 09, 2013

Worth the Hype? Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Ivory

worth the hype swatches review
base heavy review swatch


I've read so much about Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation on blogs, it's been everywhere and I felt a little bit reluctant to write about it. People seem to love this foundation and when I finally bought it I expected to love it too. It's promise of a base that would keep me from looking fatigued and that would actually provide a bit of luminescence kept me hopeful, but the shade (I chose the lightest shade which is in Ivory) is too dark for me. Oddly, in my pictures below it looks very pale but it just doesn't quite cut it. It has an orange tone to it that stops it from matching my skin and I had to apply it down my neck to keep everything looking normal. The colours may work for you but if you are very pale, or just as pale as me then sadly there won't be a colour for you. I plan on using this as my 'summer' foundation- if I ever get a tan I'll probably pick this up and use it so as to not have to repurchase my other, more expensive, foundations in darker shades.





In terms of coverage this is medium, but it felt on the heavier side. I felt this on my skin far more so than I would Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation or my much beloved Dior BB Cream. I like having products like this in my collection so that I have the option to wear a heavier base should I need to but, personally, I wouldn't like to wear this every single day. Also, I did notice that throughout the day (when worn without a primer) it settled into all of my pores. I have open pores on my nose and around my nose, straying into cheek territory, and normally only the pores on my nose are ever a problem. However, Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation settled into any and all pores it could lay its hands on which left me looking worse off towards the end of day. This is it's only major vice, it didn't oxidise or slip of my face (and it wasn't at all glittery on my skin), but if you have open pores like I do than I would be wary when using this foundation- a primer is a must.

All in all I think that this wasn't worth the hype. It is an okay foundation, it offers good coverage, but I don't think it perked my face up any more than any other foundation I've tried.  I will be using this but only sparingly, I can only assume that everyone else who loved it must have very different preferences to me.  You can find it in Superdrug and Boots stores or online here.


Have you tried this foundation?


Share:

4 comments

  1. I reeeeally wish that I could wear this foundation because I love the texture of it but it makes my face look like a glitter ball :( I'm not sure why it's so visible on my skin and no one else's! I agree with the shade range not being too great though, I bought Ivory too and it was way too orangy for me!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of this foundation so much!

    I wish they did a lighter shade than Ivory though.

    elrbx.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honest review, I agree about the orangeness as I noticed that when swatching. x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've swatched Ivory and found it a bit too orange for me, I'm glad I'm not alone!
    I also struggle with large pores so I guess this wouldn't work so well for me! Thanks for the review. It's always good to hear less-good views as well as the raves :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig