UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 26, 2013

On My Nails This Week: Essie Rosebowl

notd summer pink nail swatches
NOTD nails lacquer nail paint summer pink shade


So this week I finally ditched Headline Color's gorgeous 'Pool Party' and decided to head back into the bright pink end of the nail spectrum. Pink polishes are probably my most worn as I grew up thinking that pink nails were sort of the be-all-and-end-all - any other colours that I lacquered up with were never met well by my family! Essie's gorgeous Rosebowl polish is definitely 'my comfort zone' when it comes to nail polishes and I've been loving this a lot recently. It's a deep, relatively dark pink that contrasts really nicely with pale skin but comes into it's element against a tan (even if it's fake). If you have tanned or very dark skin then this colour is going to look gorgeous on you and I'd highly recommend it. My only concern is that this nail polish hasn't worn all that well on me. It is the newer Essie formula (which I definitely find superior to the old, thinner formula) and it has a gorgeous thick brush but I find that even with a good base and top coat I see chips after a day or so, which isn't something I expect from an £8 nail polish!

Alas, if only it wasn't so pretty. The other 'pink' Essie polish on my radar right now is 'Watermelon', which Amy posted about, and if this post has got you lusting after a dose of summer pink then you should definitely pop over and give Watermelon an oggle! 


What polish has been gracing your nails this week?



Share:

11 comments

  1. What a pretty color! I love it! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be one of the prettiest nail polishes I've ever seen! Thanks so much for sharing. Lovely pictures as well, great job. :)) xx

    ferdie-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty colour - might have to rush out and buy it!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty colour, although that's a shame it chips so quickly. :(

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty shade! Essie polishes tend to chip on me too, which is a shame because the color selection is so amazing. I bought Essie's "Watermelon" last summer and it was one of my all-time favorites, so I hope you try it sometime!

    Ellie | Ellalogy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty shade! Shame it doesn't wear well :)

    http://jen-theblondeblogger.blogspot.com/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color looks amazing!!!Your blog is lovely!!!! xx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty colour, shame it doesn't wear well on you! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely colour! shame bout the chipping..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. essie polishes are the best!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig