UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 29, 2013

Review: Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos

eternal gold on and on bronze metallic pomegranate permanent taupe
eternal gold on and on bronze metallic pomegranate permanent taupe
eternal gold on and on bronze metallic pomegranate permanent taupe

My small collection of Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoos began with On and On Bronze. It was an instant hit because, well, just look at the swatch- what is not to love about such a gorgeous bronze shade! I've been worried about creasing with cream eyeshadows as I do tend to get oily eyelids, however, I've worked out a method which leaves them crease free all day long (you can read about that here) and now I'm kind of hooked on using it. I wore it to a club last weekend and (especially given Britain's crazy heatwave) it survived admirably, honestly exceeding all expectations! But it is not alone in my collection, oh no. It didn't take me long to pick up a few other shades; Eternal Gold, Metallic Pomegranate and Permanent Taupe.

I mentioned Permanent Taupe in last week's Beauty Lurkers post and I am on a mission to get some more use out of it. My only issue is that it swatches really murky against my skin and I find it hard to wear without it making me look a little like I have two black eyes- but I'm working on it! I do find that it makes a good base for dark, matte shadows as it is the only shade I've got that doesn't have shimmer running through it. 

Eternal Gold is a massive dissapointment to me. The pigmentation is so, so lacking and it applies really patchily on me and wears off even more so - even when I prep and prime. I can't work out if I suit gold eye make-up but using this really hasn't helped me decide. Sadly, my only advice is to steer clear of this one.

Metallic Pomegranate had me hooked pretty much instantly. It is so out of my comfort zone as it swatches very red and I've never given much thought to red eye make-up in the past. However, there is something to it that makes it unrelentingly appealing. It has shimmer running through it, those gold flakes you see in my swatch run throughout and catch the light. I have yet to wear this shade out of the house but I'm working on an evening make-up look using this which hopefully will make its debut out into the world soon.

You can find Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoos at Boots and Superdrug stores for £4.99, which I personally think is a bargain as they're pretty fantastic products.



Do you have any of these? Which of the shades I own do you like the look of?



Share:

15 comments

  1. I really need to try Metallic Pomegranate, it looks gorgeous! I have these in Eternal Gold & On and On Bronze and I absolutely love them! I don't know where I would be without these :D xo

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these at all but I am tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pomegranate is so different love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been oohing and ahhing over pomegrante for a while now - don't know why I don't just buy it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got Permanent Taupe and use it in pair with black liner. I've read some fill their brows in with this shade. Metallic Pomegranate was the shade that hooked me instantly. I use it as a mono color with or without colorful eyeline. I use it as an eyeliner as well (both shades work well as eyeliners), this shade gets compliments! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I want the Pomegranate shade xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these I have all the shades you mentioned (Aus versions though) and they're amazing! I use one every day!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only have little Boots around me that haven't stocked the new colours (pomegranate) boo!

    17 do cream eye shadows exactly like this called "Wild Eyes" and I find the colour range to be a lot nicer, and a pound cheaper!

    Ellis xxx
    http://elrbx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that they bring out some mattes.


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Metallic Pomegranite is a heck of a colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to try these! Really loving the look of Eternal Gold and Pomegranate! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the eternal gold and on and on bronze, I love them.
    They were excellent when I wore them in Spain :)!

    Vicky

    barefootdays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love metallic pomegranate. I pair it with Cranberry and use it to add a pop of colour to a smokey eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow how gorgeous is metallic pomegranate! I am yet to try a color tattoo can you believe, I've got my eye on Pink Gold but on and on bronze looks very tempting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Metallic Pomegranate and Permanent Taupe and LOVE both of them! I usually blend a brown eyeshadow into my crease to make more of a smoky eye. xx
    insamazement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig