UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 01, 2013

Review: NYC Expert Last Lip Colour Lipstick in Creamy Caramel

budget NYC drugstore lipstick


I have to admit that recently I've been obsessing over Mac lipsticks. They're a very recent addition into my collection (all through the medium of blog sales for a fraction of their normal price) and although they more than deserve to be raved about I do feel that drugstore make-up (especially brands at the very affordable end of the scale) can sometimes end up a little bit ignored. So, I thought I'd spread a little love and share a thoroughly lovely lipstick with you. I mentioned this briefly in my Budget Lipsticks under £2 post but I didn't give it a full review, and boy does this need one.

NYC is not a brand I've ever purchased from but I'll try most things once and this lipstick was completely impulsed purchased based on the colour, and perhaps the name; Creamy Caramel - potentially suggestive of a dark nude but ever so tempting. My local Superdrug didn't have any testers for these lipsticks so it was down to good luck that I liked the colour as much as I do and that the formula ended up being highly agreeable to me. It's a lightweight creamy consistency that lasts very well for a £2 lipstick, I got about three-four hours out of it (it lasted through frequent sips at diet coke). The colour swatches a dark, brown toned nude (and there's just a touch of pink to it that stops it being too drab) but because it isn't too thick, and is therefore not completely opaque, it lets a little of my natural lip colour through. The end result is that this is thoroughly wearable. It might not be to everyone's tastes but I think this looks blooming lovely teamed with minimal eye make up and a wash of bright blush across the cheek. It's a lovely, unassuming colour that I find really easy to wear- you can see my swatches below.


budget lipstick perfect nude for pale medium skin brown pink
nude lip swatch budget lipstick great good quality lasts ages


It pays to keep an open mind. I wouldn't normally have steered anywhere near the NYC counter but I'm really glad I did. It isn't often I find something that I really like this much that is so neglected on the bloggersphere. The packaging is better than Boots' Natural Collection Lipsticks, which are talked about a lot more, and they come in at the same price- I also find the formula a lot less drying! Basically, if you have £1.99 free and you want a pleasantly surprising beauty bargain then head over to a NYC counter and check out some of these lipsticks. There are a few stacked full of glitter which I wouldn't touch but there are a good few, all along the colour spectrum, that aren't glittery and will be thoroughly worth your while. 

I'll leave you with a FOTD that I took wearing this lipstick, do please let me know what you think of it! Have you ever tried any NYC products?


nude lips fotd budget lipstick for pale skin

Share:

3 comments

  1. NYC have great bronzer for pale skin in the shade Sunny and their SMOOTH SKIN PRESSED FACE POWDER is called to be a perfect dupe for MAC Blot powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this sort of nude shade... I just bought a Clinique Chubby Stick in "Whole Lotta Honey" and the color actually reminds me of this lipstick. It looks beautiful on you!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow from the swatches I wouldn't thought so but on you I really like this..and as you said with minimal make-up and this on, it would be a lovely look :)

    Ila x

    http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig