UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 18, 2013

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Seduce (Swatches and Review)



A couple of weeks ago, before I went to the #LDNBloggersParty, I first went shopping and stepped foot in an Illamasqua store. I've coveted Illamasqua make-up online for a long time now, and I've read countless positive reviews of their make-up. However, I've always been a little bit put off trying anything because of the price. If you don't like something that you've spent £5 on then that's one thing, but when it's £18 or £20 then it seems like a whole different level of waste! So, when I finally had the chance to swatch things in person and to see the amazing quality of these blushes myself I finally felt ready to dish out the dosh and invest in something.

Illamasqua's Cream Blushes are not a cream to powder formulation, they have an honest to goodness cream formula that is thick and melts onto your finger as you swatch them. This makes them incredibly easy to blend but perhaps not as long lasting (particularly in hot weather) as some other cream blushes. Seduce, the warm pink shade that I picked up, is very close to the colour that my skin naturally 'flushes' to. This makes it incredibly easy to wear - even if I overdo it a little bit when I apply it. I first tried applying it with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush but I found that because this Illamasqua Blush is so pigmented it transferred too much product onto my cheek and I was then left having to really blend it out into a wearable look. I found that applying the product with my fingers created the most natural finish which is fine by me as it makes it easier to use on-the-go. 

In the hot summer weather we've been enjoying in London recently it hasn't lasted on my face from morning into the evening. I found that around mid-afternoon (3pm or so) a touch up was definitely in order to keep my face looking totally fresh. However, on cooler days (or more specifically, on days when it's not really humid) this lasts much better, I can see myself wearing this all through autumn and winter! I'm also definitely going to be checking out some of the other shades as I really, really love the formula of these blushes.

Saving the best until last- the best part of all is that this blush is on sale and is reduced to from £18 to £10, and for £10 I can reassure you that this is more than worth it! You can find it on the Illamasqua website or perhaps, like I did, in Illamasqua stores. Anyone pale like myself will find that they can apply this blush very sheerly to achieve a similar natural look (see my face swatches below), however, because it is so pigmented it is an incredibly versatile product that will look good on a lot of other skin tones. 


Have you tried any Illamasqua blushes? What do you think about Seduce?


Share:

8 comments

  1. It's so gorgeous! Looks like it gives a really healthy rosy flush to the cheeks, I really like it!

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It give such a pretty rosy glow! I love it!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. this blush is lovely! is a great price for the amount of product, but even better in the sale :D looks so pretty on you <3
    Big hugs <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour really suits you! :) I think it'd be a little too bright for me though - I'm a bit terrified of blushes because I can NEVER apply them properly!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour looks insanely gorgeous on you!!!! I haven't tried any cream blushes yet but this review has got me interested that's for sure :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNEEESSSSSSS! I love this colour, it's so pretty - and you're looking pretty darn fine wearing it! I'm so feeling brave with brights at the moment, need to order this wee baby of a blusher! xx

    Amy / srslylou.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks really lovely on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meaning to try theese love cream blushers:) xx

    roseeandbeauty.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig