UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 12, 2014

Best Makeup Remover: What to Buy

range of makeup remover reviews

Best Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skin
My Pick: Bioderma's Sensibio H2O Micellar Solution

If you have sensitive skin then I'd definitely recommend Bioderma's Micellar Solution. I find that it removes all my make-up so easily and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It's on the pricier side but if you're a skincare junkie then it is definitely worth trying. It's puts a lot of other makeup removers in perspective!


Best Makeup Remover for Oily/Blemish Prone Skin
My Pick: Vichy's Normaderm Micellar Solution*

If you have skin that's still on the sensitive side but that is also oily or blemish prone then Vichy's Normaderm Micellar Solution is a great solution. I found that it wasn't harsh on my skin but it did work really well at combatting blemishes, not only removing my make-up but also helping to clear my skin.


Best Drugstore Makeup Remover 
My Pick: Garnier's Micellar Water

If you're looking for a drugstore micellar solution that will remove all makeup (even waterproof eye makeup) then I think you should definitely give this one from Garnier a try. It's very affordable and very easily available in the UK. I don't think it is as good for cleansing skin as my other recommendations, by I love it for removing my makeup.


Best Cult Makeup Remover
My Pick: Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish is a cream cleanser that you rub into dry skin and then remove with a muslin cloth soaked in warm water. It dissolves all your makeup upon application and makeup removal is so quick and easy. I find that it will remove everything - even tough waterproof eye makeup and lip stains. If you're looking for a makeup remover that also does a tremendous job of really cleansing the skin then this is my recommendation. When I use it regularly I find that my skin is left clear and bright and I enjoy reaching for it.


BONUS: The Makeup Remover I'm Currently Using
A-Derma's Sensifluid Micellar Water*

This is another really skin-friendly makeup remover. A-Derma's Sensifluid Micellar Water reminds me a lot of Bioderma because it is incredibly gentle on the skin and yet does a tremendous job of removing even waterproof make-up. It's designed especially for those with dry, sensitive or eczema prone skin.


I hope my recommendations have helped you find something new to try. I really like all of the products I've mentioned in today's post but I'm always on the look out for new makeup removers so I'm sure I'll have a follow up post with more recommendations in the future.

Share:

9 comments

  1. Great post, the A-Derma's Sensifluid Micellar Water sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Bioderma fan all the way. Yeah it's pricey, but it seriously is the best. That's why I'm dosing it off in teeny tiny doses :D. Great post!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Garnier micellar water, I think it's just as good as Bioderma and much cheaper too. Love Liz Earle as well, I really need to buy myself a full size tube!

    www.girlwithmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Garnier Micellar Water. Liz Earle used to be one of my favourite cleansers. I think it was my 1st high end one, anyway. But since trying other types of cleansers I'm no longer liking it that much. I don't know... just don't like the creamy texture anymore. Prefer gels or oils now. They feel nicer on the skin and are easier to work with. :)

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love Liz Earle until I got my Clarisonic and then I just went off it as it's not really compatible with the brush. I love Garnier Micellar Water to take off my makeup first before going in with a cleanser x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the Garnier at the moment, but I'd like to go back to the Bioderma! I also didn't know that Vichy did one so I'll keep an eye out for it :) xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Garnier Micellar water is the best I've tried, I love this more than Bioderma - my purse loves the pice too! :)
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice! I'll give Vichy's Normaderm Micellar Solution a try. Happy Thursday, Angelica :)
    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud/2014/10/27/102714

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the garnier one - gets the job done! Have you tried the one by la Roche posay? Little bit pricier but makes your skin feel amazing 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig