UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 30, 2014

November Beauty Empties

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: November Beauty Empties

It's that time of the month again where every beauty blog you follow starts to feature old, empty products rather than pretty, new untouched delights. Yep! Today I'm going to be sharing the products that I finished this month - I've gotten through some of them pretty quickly, whilst others have been lingering in my collection for months and months.

I started using this in the spring and it's a really lovely, deeply hydrating, natural moisturiser. It isn't the best one I've ever used and I'm not completely obsessed with it, but it is really luxurious and I found it's rose scent really pleasant. I used up the last little bit of it this month and I'm sad to see it go!

Green People Gentle Cleanse and Makeup Remover
I got through this in what feels like half a second! This was a winner in my books, I just love it. It's a fantastic cleanser and it really is nice and gentle. I have a new cleanser that I'm currently trying out but I really did love this one from Green People and the next time I need to buy a new one I will definitely be ordering this one. I love everything I've tried from Green People so far and I really want to try more from the brand soon!

This was a deliciously festive treat and I also got through this with surprising haste! I used this, for the last four or five weeks or so, as my exfoliater. I kept it in the shower and used it every couple of days. I like it because it feels effective without being overly harsh but I must admit that I definitely prefer chemical exfoliaters to manual ones. As much as scrubby face products feel satisfying to use I don't think that they do my face too much good. I would recommend it for anyone into manual exfoliation but I won't be repurchasing it too quickly.

Holy moly - I did not ever think I could use a 100g slab of Lush's soap so quickly. I just loved the scent so much and I reached for it a lot, a lotta lot. It isn't that moisturising really, but it does have a lot of creamy lather compared to some of Lush's harder and less forgiving soaps. I'd definitely like to use it again but I think I'd like to try a different soap first.

L'Oreal Keratin Refill
I said I wouldn't use this but then I did. Sometimes this stuff just happens. I didn't love it or hate it and I only used it because it was there. It was a travel size bottle so I only got a month of use out of it, but it wasn't the worst shampoo I've tried. I've now gone back to using one of the L'Oreal No Sulphates shampoos and I definitely prefer it - there's a blog post about my haircare coming soon (I'm finally really happy with my shampoo/conditioner combo).

YESSS. This was the first thing I thought to type, so I'm honouring it.
I love the Origins' Make a Difference range. It's got a refreshing mint fragrance and it's hydrating without being "too much" for problem skin. I'm not usually one for making a massive fuss out of toners but this one is really nice. I used most of this up earlier this year and finished the last couple of drops this month. I'm sad it's gone but I am now using a slightly more cost effective option that I really love, so if you want something as good at a lower price point (that's also a natural beauty product) then I'll be sharing that with you in a week or so.

I titled my review of this fragrance from Roger & Gallet "The Scent of My Summer" - and it really was! Now when I smell the scent memories of spring and summer come flooding back. It's a lovely scent, really complex and fruity but still delicate. I loved wearing it, so much so that I've used it all up in six months! I have perfumes from nearly two years ago that are still going strong, which really highlights how much I enjoyed reaching for this. I'd definitely recommend it. 

Roger & Gallet Hand Creams in Creme Sublime* and Fleur D'Osmanthus*
I've had these for a long time now, but only because I love the scents so much that I've been rationing them! I don't know if I'm the only one who does this. I finally bit the bullet (seeing as they were due to go out of date) and just let myself enjoy using them. They're great hand creams for on-the-go, they're hydrating but sink into skin quickly. I'd definitely use them again, especially in the warmer months when I don't need anything intensely hydrating to keep my dry hands happy.




Share:

6 comments

  1. I bought a slice of Yog Nog yesterday and the scent is just amazing! Can see why you used it up so fast! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a slice of Yog Nog yesterday and the scent is amazing! I can see why you used it up so fast! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like the Green People cleanser! I've just ran out of my full size bottle :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let The Good Times Roll has gone right on my wish list, Santa take note!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to buy this toner but finally changed my mind as I like to test skincare (with samples) before buying. I currently use Nuxe toner (with rose water) and it's gentle and hydrating (eventhough it has a bit of alcohol). I curious to read about your other toner!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | TOO FACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig