UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 01, 2014

This Week's Shenanigans


This week has been a really good one. Not only has Tom (my best friend from University, who, unfortunately for me, is located in a sleepy country village in the county of Shropshire) come to visit me  for the weekend, but I've also had the pleasure of attending a couple of blogger events this week. On Tuesday I attended The Hunt's UK Launch and on Thursday I stopped by at Fashion TV's launch of their first beauty salon on South Molton Street. 

The Hunt's UK Launch Party

Fashion App The Hunt UK Launch Party
Fashion App The Hunt UK Launch Party
Fashion App The Hunt UK Launch Party
UK Fashion App find out where bloggers clothes are from stop clothes envy

I'm in no way a big fashionista but I have to admit that I do love the idea behind The Hunt. It's the first community-driven online shopping experience where you can upload images of outfits you find on websites such as Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram (this is called beginning a 'hunt') and other users of the app help identify where you can purchase what you're looking for. It is also a really useful app for finding high-street alternatives to high-end outfits - an idea which UK magazines have dipped in to but now you can use The Hunt app to search for exactly what you want, when you want. 

The app was co-founded by Tim Weingarten and Simon Peck and I was fortunate enough to meet Tim at the launch this week. He is so passionate about the app and stressed that it already has over 3 million registered users who have started over 5 million hunts. The app is already available for iPhones with an android version on the way. At the moment the app isn't broken up and just has a 'worldwide' feed, but coming soon is a UK specific feed so that what you search for and find is priced in British Pounds and is easily available. I think this is an exciting expansion and if you're interested in downloading the app for yourself then you can find it online here - The Hunt

I actually attended this event with a blogger friend of mine called Charlotte - Captain Charghli - and I also had the pleasure of bumping into Candy - Owl Girl - who I met at the #LondonBloggersFestival in September. Over the course of the evening I also met another lovely blogger called Ruby Lee - The Fashion Antlers -, and Ruby, Charli and I ended up frequenting one of the local pubs after we left the launch party. 

A Quick Visit to Content Beauty & Wellbeing


 This week I popped into Content Beauty and Wellbeing, a natural beauty store located near Oxford Street/Bond Street. It's not a large shop but it is absolutely packed to the bring with gorgeous beauty brands, some you may well have heard of but others that you almost certainly won't! I had a lot of fun looking around the shop and found a couple of new products from Skin and Tonic and Ilia that I'm now desperate to try! There's also an online shop so if you're interested in checking that out I've linked them here - Being Content.


Fashion TV's fBeauty Boutique Launch on South Molton Street


On Thursday, Fashion TV launched their first beauty Salon on South Molton Street in London - fBeauty. They have a beauty "menu" that offers skin treatments as well as hair and make-up styling. South Molton Street is where Vidal Sassoon's flagship salon in based, it's a lovely part of London and conveniently located for those looking to get their hair and make-up done before an event in central London. There was no-one at the South Molton Street launch to talk me through the brand and its expansion, and as a result I didn't learn anything new about Fashion TV. All I can really comment on is the salon itself (which I thought looked really nice) and that the hair treatments use Cloud Nine products and I spotted a lot of BellaPierre make-up so I assume that is what is used in the make-overs. 

The "end of the week" burger at Byron on Beak Street


And last but not least, Tom and I popped into Byron on Beak Street (which I think is my favourite because of its proximity to Illamasqua). We really indulged, got a little bit tipsy and ended up having to rush home to not miss our train! All in all it's been a great week so far and I hope you enjoyed this little snapshot of what I've been up to.


What have you been up to this week?

Share:

4 comments

  1. That's such a cute picture of you both :) sounds like you got up to a lot, you busy bee!

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for the mention hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week, I had my birthday, discovered an angelic little puppy outside our front door, and I decided to adopt her....

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig