UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 06, 2014

Vichy Dermablend Powder Review

image of transparent makeup setting powder long lasting shine free
image of transparent makeup setting powder long lasting shine free

I've had Vichy's Dermablend Powder* in my collection for a while now and although I have almost completely cut talc out of my beauty routine I did made an exception when it came to trialling this powder. I was interested in it for two reasons. First, I have quite an oily t-zone that needs a helping hand to stay matte and shine free throughout the day. Secondly, I'm a big fan of cream blushers and highlighters (I'm currently obsessed with a couple of new cream products from RMS Beauty) and I've been looking for a setting powder to prolong the wear of these sorts of products. 

I've tried powders before - mainly drugstore ones from the likes of Rimmel and Maybelline - but none of them even come close to Vichy's Dermablend Powder*. Honestly, it has completely transformed my opinion and expectation of setting powders. It's a transparent powder that doesn't add any coverable but does entirely live up to its claim of offering "a 16hr hold and resistance to perspiration, bathing and rubbing". I find that not only does it keep my skin looking matte all day long but it also does a fantastic job of prolonging the wear of my make-up without making my skin look dry and powdery, or emphasising my pores. It's also a great product for those looking to add more SPF into their everyday routines as it offers SPF 30 (that could easily be topped up with reapplications throughout the day). Basically, it's a one pot wonder and if you're not sensitive to talc based products then I would highly, highly recommend it. It's my first foray into Vichy's makeup products, but with such great results I know it won't be my last! 

You can find Vichy's Dermablend Powder* on Escentual for £17 for 28g.


Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

5 comments

  1. I have a super oily t-zone! :( I wonder if this product is available in the US?

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've just repurchased this after falling in love with it earlier this year. It got me through Summer and will hopefully get me through my holiday this month without being too oily in the heat.

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also get a really oily t-zone no matter how much I powder so this sounds amazing. I really want to get my hands on it now x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  4. As this is described as non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic I assumed it wouldn't contain talc :-( I won't be able to try this :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great product, nothing has ever come close to the ELF one I tried a few years ago but it's always out of stock, hopefully my local Boots will have this for me to check out! x

    www.hannahbutterworth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig