UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 19, 2014

Last Week's Lipsticks: HoneyBee Gardens Lipstick in Superstitious Review

lipstick line up

Last week I wore a number of different lipsticks and really enjoyed playing around with some bold shades. When I felt like sporting a bright pink I opted for Oriflame's Fuchsia Hype*. When I wanted a berry lip I chose Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain in Crush. When I wanted red I chose MaxFactor's Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday. And, finally, when I wanted a really vampy dark purple I opted for my new HoneyBee Gardens Lipstick in the shade Superstitious*. HoneyBee Gardens are a natural beauty brand based in America and their lipsticks are paraben free and full of skin loving ingredients such as coconut oil, shea butter and vitamin E. In the photos below you can see what Superstitious looks like when first applied and what it looks like after the glossiness wears away and leaves behind a stain. 

natural dark berry lipstick
natural dark berry lipstick

It won't be to everyone's tastes but I absolutely love the shade. It's really dark but surprisingly easy to wear as you don't need to add much to it - just a tiny bit of blush and mascara. Although I love the colour, the actual formula of HoneyBee Gardens Lipsticks isn't the best. In the bullet, the lipstick feels very fragile and if I'm not incredibly careful when using it I think it will break and be unusable (which isn't a concern I've had with any of my other lipsticks that I've tried before). Additionally, the formula is also quite patchy which makes it hard to build up an even, opaque finish - and with a shade like Superstitious any unevenness is very noticeable. Long story short, this lipstick is such hard work to use that I'm considering finding the same shade but from another brand who offer a better formula and better packaging. 

I love that HoneyBee Gardens offer on trend colours and that their lipsticks are full of good ingredients. I also love that their lipstick left a slight stain behind on my lips. Based on my overall experience I'd definitely like to try other products from their range, but I can't recommend Superstitious as it just didn't live up to my expectations. 



Share:

7 comments

  1. If I was bothered I'd rock a lip like this everyday. It's amazing! Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely choice. I definitely love the berry shades. Gorgeous for autumn.

    thelesfleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour on you looks lovely . Great photos x

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame it didn't work out as the superstitious shade is such a gorgeous colour! I'm a big of vampy berry lips as well and I purchased MAC's Hang-Up a few months back I highly recommend it... It's a similar shade to superstitious! Xx

    Shaqinah // Shoes & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great color. Bummer that it's so hard to work with :/ I am on the look out for such a deep burgundy but haven't found one I would really like to buy, tho. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! Dark shades for autumn are my favorites xx

    Fabi | www.halfwaytonewyork.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't see enough honest reviews on blogs anymore, so this was quite refreshing, though I'm sad that it wasn't the one for you :( I've always used Dior lipsticks, really long lasting and gives an even finish too! x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig