UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 07, 2014

YouBeauty's November Discovery Box Review

Affordable Beauty Box Blogger Recommended
affordable beauty box including natural products Steam Clean Green people

Last month I signed up for my first YouBeauty Discovery Box and couldn't have been happier with the contents. The way YouBeauty boxes work is that you sign up to a rolling contract, but before the beginning of each month you're emailed with a menu of products for the following month. If you like the products you get to choose two on the first of the month and then they get delivered with a couple of extra samples. But if you don't like the products that will be in next month's box then the option to unsubscribe is there. I find that not only does this offer tailor made boxes but it also means that if the products really don't appeal then you don't have to waste any money. On top of that, the boxes are £6.95 (including delivery) rather than the £10-£15 that has become the norm. Plus, included in the box is a mini magazine that includes discount codes for all the brands with products in that month's box.

affordable beauty box
Skin and Tonic London Steam Clean Cleanser Green People Eyeliner Forest Brown

From the menu of beauty goodies available this month I chose a Skin & Tonic's Steam Clean (15ml) and Green People's Eyeliner in Forest Brown. I've wanted to try both of these products for a while now. I actually checked out Skin & Tonic's products in Content Being (a natural beauty store in central London that I wrote about in this post) and Steam Clean seemed like an absolutely gorgeous oil based cleanser. All of the brand's products are made in London making use of local farmers and products and are cruelty and preservative free. I've just about finished my Green People Gentle Cleanse and MakeUp Remover (which I loved) so this will be next up! 

The extra samples in November's box were from Baoab and Merumaya. Baoab offered a super fruit powder full of vitamin C, calcium, potassium and thiamin. I'm not super excited about the sample but it was nice to learn about a new brand and the sample came with lots of information which I liked. Meanwhile the two samples from Merumaya are the Iconic Youth Serum and the Melting Cleansing Balm. They're only sachet samples so they're not enough to get a good feel for the product but I could do a patch test and get one full use from each. Additionally, there is also a lot of information included about each product along with an ingredients list which is useful. 


All in all, I'm a very happy customer and am so glad that I discovered YouBeauty's Discovery Box last month (which I found by reading Beauty Balm's lovely blog). What do you think of this month's box?

Share:

9 comments

  1. This sounds amazing for the price and I love that they inform you of the contents before it delivers and you have the chance to unsubscribe. Will have to check it out x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelica, this looks amazing. Perfect Christmas gift for myself :)))) kiss, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little surprised on how little products this box has, but as long as you are happy - that's the most important thing! I remember being constantly disappointed by GlossyBox and thinking it'll "improve next month"... It never did. ;)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got exactly the same two products as you :D I love the Steam Clean :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so fascinated by beauty boxes but still a little skeptical. All the ones I've seen lately have been lovely though, especially birchbox!

    JasmineMcRae | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh you got two different products to me, I got the bath salts and the magnifibres! I love how you can chose the items you want the most each month. It was my first box last month too!
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine arrived today :D I got the Steam Clean too + the Bourjois cream blusher, it's the best value box on the market and the only one I bother with xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh you picked some different choices! :) I am still kicking myself for missing out on the Illamasqua lipstick >.<

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cool service! I might have to check it out.

    http://nolongergrey.com/

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig