UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 16, 2014

What I've Been Up To This Week

vintage christmas jumper shop launch
vintage christmas jumper shop London
London Vintage Christmas Jumpers

This week has actually been a remarkably fun one! I spent some time with Charlotte (who blogs over at Captain Ch-ARGH-ley and who took the photos of us both in the Christmas jumpers!) who took me to Beyond Retro's Christmas Jumper themed pop-up shop. It's a small space but is absolutely packed full of some of the most weird and wonderful Christmas jumpers I've ever seen - including 3D ones with hulking great teddies attached to them. Visiting was a great experience and £1 from every jumper sold is being donated to Save the Children, as part of their Christmas Jumper Day money raiser on December 12th. 

Bloggers Love Event London Kalhua

I also had the pleasure of attending another of this month's Bloggers' Love Hub events - this time at Kalhua (near Chancery Lane). The venue was much bigger than the previous week's (which was held at Mahiki) and there was more room to circulate, making it easier to meet everyone. There were some brand representatives I'd met the previous week (including Katherine from Glow Beads) but there were also lots of new people and brands. I had the pleasure of meeting some representatives from Umberto Giannini who helped me pick a couple of products from their range to try out at home. 

High street Winter party necklaces

I also visited Debenhams this week and although I didn't find a new coat (which is what I was looking for) I did finally pick up a couple of new necklaces (as my old ones have started looking a bit "tired" to say the least). I think I must have been in a full on Christmas mood when I made my picks because they're all very bling-y. That being said, I've already worn two of them and I love how they look. I'll have to include some photos of me wearing them in an upcoming post.

Tresor Rare South Molton Street Store Launch

And last but by no means least, Candy (pictured above in all her adorableness who blogs over at Owl Girland I attended the launch of super high-end luxury brand TrĂ©sor Rare's South Molton Street Salon. We were shown around the private treatment rooms (which also have a backdoor exit so that celebrity clients can exit safely and securely) as well as being introduced to the brand's unbelievably luxurious beauty products. We're talking face creams packed to the brim with diamond dust, and gold face masks. Honestly, it was quite an experience! The brand is already well established in America and although the UK launch isn't aimed at the majority of us (myself included!) it was interesting to get an insight into what must still be a thriving beauty market. 


What have you been getting up to this week? And is there anything going on in London that I should keep my eyes peeled for next week?


Share:

1 comment

  1. Wow what a great week. Jumpers are ace! And the jewellery is beautiful x

    Www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig