UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 25, 2014

My Eyeliner Collection

onelittlevice beauty blog: eyeliner collection reviews

Pencil eyeliners were among the first beauty products that I ever started buying and I wear them most days. They're easy and quick to use, they come in wonderful colours and they add some much needed definition to my eyes. Pictured above is my entire pencil eyeliner collection and I'm going to talk you through some of my top picks and why I like them. Hopefully this will give you some ideas on which ones might work for you.

Best Value for Money
Essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eyeliner in Black
I picked this up a while ago now and it remains one of my favourite pencil eye liners - it's cheap but lasts really well on me. I like to use it to tightline my eyes (I use it on my upper, inner lash line to make my eyelashes appear fuller).

Favourite for Daytime
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal in Taupe
This is one of the easiest colours to throw on when you're in a hurry. It's matte, long lasting and offers light definition that isn't at all harsh. It's a great alternative to dark liner during the day time. 

Favourite for Evening
Mac Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Lord It Up
I think that this is my favourite shade of eyeliner but I do have problems with it smudging and transferring so I tend to reserve it for special occasions. I don't think that the product itself is worth the money but it was my first ever Mac purchase (before I knew better) and the colour won me over.

Longest Lasting
Eye of Horus Eyeliner in Nubian Brown*
Generally speaking, Nubian Brown is my favourite eyeliner to wear because once I've applied it I don't have to give it a second thought. It doesn't smudge, transfer or disappear throughout the day and it's a very wearable matte dark brown. I'd highly recommend it.

Most Worn "Coloured" Liner
Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Fashionista
Recently, I've been experimenting with some eyeliners that aren't my typical black and brown shades and Fashionista is just such a wearable navy that I've been reaching for it more than some of my more neutral options. It's a great drugstore pencil liner, it's creamy and it lasts very well on me - couldn't ask for more.


Natural Options

Green People Eyeliner in Brown and Inika Organic Eyeliner in Black Caviar
If you're into natural makeup then the two eyeliners in my collection that you might like are from Green People and Inika. I've used a couple of Inika's eyeliners in the past and they're soft without super lasting power, but I do feel more comfortable using it around my eye area than other products. Green People's pencil liner is a very new addition to my collection but I like the mid-tone brown shade and the formula seems very nice so far.

Creamiest Formula
Maybelline Master Drama Khol Liner in Charcoal Grey
This is the creamiest eyeliner I've ever tried. It is like butter - but in a good way. It's easy to apply and blend out into a natural looking smokey eye and then it just sets and doesn't budge. It's a really great drugstore option and I'd definitely recommend the grey shade, it's a lovely alternative to black and brown.


Least Creamy Formula

Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Elate
The "hardest" and least pleasant to use formula is (although I'm sad to say it) from Illamasqua. I was really excited to try their white eyeliner but I just don't find myself reaching for it very much as I don't enjoy applying it. 

Least Favourite Overall
Mac Eye Kohl in Smoulder
For a Mac product I find this eyeliner incredibly disappointing. It smudges left, right and centre and seems to have zero lasting power on me. It does offer an incredibly deep black shade, but I never reach for it anymore. You'd be better off going for one of Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Eyeliners or Inika's Organic Eyeliners. 


Would you like to see any of these used in makeup looks? What are some of your favourite or least favourite eyeliners?



Share:

7 comments

  1. I have to say I am actually not the biggest fan of eye pencils, I have a few in my collection but I rarely use these since I do prefer my gel or liquid eyeliners where you can get such a defined line with them. However I need to start giving mine a go more often as they just sit there in my stash. Great post so many good examples x

    www.beautywithcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing navy shades - they really are a subtle way of making your eye colour 'pop' :)

    Style Sunrise ☀ // Giveaway!

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a great fan of eyeliners, but I think it would be interesting to see how you use your favorites. Since I don't know how to use them in my makeup looks, it would be helpful to get some advice on it! xx

    Fabi | www.halfwaytonewyork.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, thank you very much for that feedback! I'll definitely have to do a post like that xx

      Delete
  4. Pencils are probably my least used item but that's purely because I forget! My favourites have to be Urban Decay as they're so creamy and long lasting plus they come in unique colours. I do really like the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl liners too (been meaning to pick up the nude for ages). Sleek Eau La La Liners are brilliant too and they can be used all over x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely try the Essence ones as I love their lip liners! xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig